CHAPTER ONE : Beginning

"His love was a bit like spring; 
w

ild as the wind 
and fickle as the weather, 
but his love ran deep as tree roots"

↠◈↞

June 2017

"You won't believe what I just heard!" Love exclaimed.

"Then we won't," Dunk mocked, and Love playfully hit him on the head, causing him to groan.

"What now? Don't tell me it's about those flying rumors that our 'Terror Teacher' was seen making out with our star varsity player? Or is it about your ex, who got dumped by your cousin, and you were thrilled because he deserved it?" Fourth sarcastically remarked.

"I bet she always has something to say about it," Dunk agreed.

Satang chimed in, "Just cut it out, Love. We're so tired of hearing it."

"How could you!" Love made a face. "It's not about that! What I'm actually going to tell you is about the new transfer student. He's incredibly attractive. I heard he's from Australia, and now his parents have decided to stay here for good!" she said excitedly.

"Uh, really? What's his name?" Fourth asked, sounding bored.

"Oh... I think it's Jemi? Gemini or something like that."

"What a weird name," Fourth snorted.

"We didn't complain about your name though, Fourth? Seriously," Dunk chuckled.

Fourth picked up his notebook, rolled it, and playfully hit Dunk on the head, prompting Dunk to groan. "What the heck?" Fourth just rolled his eyes.

"Shut up! I just realized something!" Love exclaimed.

"What is it?" they asked in unison.

"I THINK HE'S OUR CLASSMATE, LOOK!" She pointed towards the door behind them, as the three of them were sitting in the back while Love was in the front.

They turned their gaze to the door, and Fourth's heart suddenly skipped a beat.

He fell in love at first sight. When he saw the new student, it was as if he had known him or felt comfortable with him already, even though they had never met before. At this point, he had only seen him from across this small classroom.

Fourth didn't believe in love at first sight, or even in love itself. He wasn't an avid fan of romantic movies; he was always busy with work, writing poetry, or listening to '90s music. Until Gemini happened.

He wasn't stupid enough not to recognize these unfamiliar feelings, but what confused him was whether he was gay or bisexual. Even though he had never had a girlfriend or dated before, he knew he was straight as a pole.

"This is driving me nuts," he thought.

And he knew from that day, as the boy set foot in their classroom, that it was the day Gemini came into his heart.

—————

Fourth was in a rush, well aware that he was already late for his Biology class, which was located in another building at their university. The quickest way to get there was by cutting across the soccer field.

In his hurry, he didn't even notice the bag lying on the ground in his path. Unfortunately, he tripped over it and fell hard.

"What the heck!" he exclaimed, his annoyance evident.