Adam calls out to her. Her steps falter upon hearing his voice, but she continues making her way towards the back entry door. But, she isn't as fast as she thought as the boy corners her.

"Vera," He says, heavily breathing.

She doesn't look at him. In fact, her gaze darts everywhere but at Adam. The brunette finally settles when she folds her arms across her chest and looks down at her heels, and notices blisters starting to form over the surface of the skin from all the urgent walking.

Taking a deep breath, Adam gently reaches out and places a hand on her arm. "Vera, please listen," his voice raspily whispers. "We can't keep doing this -- letting our personal feelings get in the way of our careers. I know you understand that, but it's serious." He leaning against the wall now, his head lowered as he speaks, making sure she can hear him considering he's barley audible -- like this is a secret.

"You and I both know that we work amazing together. We can't let all this personal shit get in the way."

She rolls her eyes as she finally looks up at him, and it's then she realizes how much he towers over her. The girl pretends that doesn't effect her, but it does.

Adam leans down a little further. "C'mon, I can't do this without you."

Vera didn't expect to get butterflies, but she did and is cursing herself for it. She can feel her face turning hot.

Shit.

"You know I won't be able to."

Gently nibbling on her bottom lip, she straightens up her posture and clears her throat. It made Adam take a few steps back. He runs a hand through his hair, messing up how it was styled earlier.

"Please?" He continued to egg on.

Vera manages to take ahold of her emotions. She shrugs a shoulder. "It'll be hard," she admits while Adam tries to contain himself upon hearing her voice, which is tinged with resignation, "but I'll try."

And after she makes hat statement, she releases herself from in front of the boy and hurries out the back door, allowing her face to finally fluster and turn bright red.

-

ADAM MISSED THIS. The loud crowds in the stands wearing the school's colors, waving flags and holding up sighs of support. The air is thick with anticipation. The smell of freshly cut ice mixed with the aroma of hot dogs and popcorn wafts through the arena.

Adam can feel the energy pulsating through the crowd, their cheers and chants echoing in his ears. The sound is deafening. The roar of the crowd is like a symphony of voices, cheering, clapping, and shouting.

Even as the first period starts to conclude, his heart continues to race as he soaks up the atmosphere, feeling the adrenaline pumping through his vains.

Westbrook was taking the lead with the score now being 2-0 after earning an assist from Vera on an open net.

He was right about them working incredibly together. Eveyone in the arena could see it, and they could always count on those two to win it considering they've been the main income of goals so far. As impressed Vera is that Adam had been right for once, she hides it, only ever exchanging minimal words with the boy.