~ f o r t y f o u r ~

Start from the beginning

"Manik, Nandini is- she is-" Manik's phone rang displaying Maa and he unwantedly picked up the phone with his gaze still fixed on Abhi.

"Ji Maa?"

"Manik come home." Manik frowned at his mother's plain voice .

"Maa, I'll come after some..."

"Now Manik! I want you at home in twenty minutes. Come fast." Manik was now tensed because first his mother never spoke like this to him. Her voice was always laced with love and affection even if she was upset with him. He sighed in frustration and looked at his friends who were also looking at him with frowns.

"I'll meet you later guys. Gotta go." He stood up taking his keys from the coffee table.

"Manik wait! We will also come." He nodded hearing Cabir and dashed out of Abhi's house followed by his friends.

.
.

"Maa. What happen? Are you okay? And why did you called me aise?" Manik asked all the questions that were roaming in his mind throughout his ride to Malhotra Mansion. Coming in the home, he was told by a butler that Nyonika was in his room only waiting for him. So he hurriedly came to his room followed by his friends to saw his mother sitting on the edge of the bed with her hands resting on her either side on the bed. He was getting more tensed seeing the blank look on his face.

"Maa!! Say something. What happen?" This time Manik sat in front of his mother kneeling down on floor and kept his both hands on her knees. Nyonika stared at him for some time before picking up her phone and showed the screen to him. Manik confusingly looked at the screen and his eyes widened when he saw picture of Nandini, the same picture that was saved as his lockscreen wallpaper. He looked at his mother who still was staring at him blankly. Even Fab Four who were behind Manik were shocked to see Nandini's picture and they were imagining all the worst scenarios in their minds.

"Who is She?" Manik looked at his mother in her eyes. Her voice was as emotionless as her face right now. Manik's chest was heaving up and down as he licked his lips.

"I asked something Manik. Who is she?" Manik took a deep breath looking down and again looked back at his mother.

"Nandini!"

"Who Nandini?"

"The girl, I Love." Nyonika intake a sharp breath and looked at her son unbelievably. A little hope in her heart that maybe, maybe she was mistaken as her son would never love a girl who has a daughter, died. She abruptly stood up followed by Manik. Manik was confused with his mother's reaction. From the photo he knew that she got it from his mobile but what he was not understanding was her reaction.

"Mumma." He was interrupted as Nyonika showed him her palm stopping him to say anything further. The accusing look in her eyes was hurting Manik.

"Do you know that she has a daughter?" Manik and Fab four gasped hearing Nyonika. Now they knew why Nyonika was behaving such a way. But how did Nyonika know this, was the question. Nyonika looked at Manik and his friends and her eyes widened when she realised that they knew. Her shoulders slumped down in disappointment and she looked at them with anger.

"Answer Me Manik Malhotra. Do. You. Know. That. She. Is. A. Mother?" Manik closed his eyes as his mother whispered shouted and he nodded his head before opening his eyes only to see his mother raging like a bull. He wanted to say something, to tell her everything but didn't. Couldn't. He sighed dejectedly as his mother kept glaring at him but hearing her next words his head snapped in her direction and he looked at his mother in diabelief.