" uh yeah sure... I've gotta go." I say, removing myself from this conversation. I head to my locker, hoping to maybe arrive to ELA a little earlier than usual.

Well that hope dissipated quickly!

As I was about to reach my locker, Walker stopped me in my tracks.

" oh my fucking god- Stop stalking me!" I say, trying to get around him.

" I'm not stalking you dumbass, Can we please talk?" He says, with a glimpse of hope in his eyes.

".. No!"

" Piper!"

" Leave me alone." I say, finally getting around him.

All of a sudden, I'm being thrown against a locker.

That drew peoples attention, as they glared at us both.

" She fell. Mind your business!!!" He spits at them.

People automatically look away, pretending that they were busy.

No one dared to question Walker. Why you may ask? It's because he's popular, and he's rich. He could get any of us expelled with the snap of his fingers. So when he's getting into fights and shit, it's best to just look the other way.

" Get up!" He said, annoyed.

I get up, not feeling as confident as I was before.

" Now I said were going to talk.... Follow me." He said

I do as I was told, simply just wanting to get this over with. We end up in the gym, as no one would be hang out there.

" Now that we're alone... I'm sorry about what happened yesterday. I didn't mean to hurt you-"

I laugh.

" You literally just threw me against a fucking locker, and expect me to believe that shit?" I hiss back.

" Watch the way you speak to me. I'm not one of your little friends, I'm your boyfriend"

" Boyfriend? Oh my god- DID I NOT MAKE IT CLEAR ENOUGH? I HATE YOU WALKER! I. FUCKING. HATE. YOU!" I yell, earning a slap across my face.

He pushed me against the wall.

" YOU TREAT ME WITH RESPECT!" He yelled back.

I scratch his face and kick him in his stomach, before running as fast as I could. I knew he was following me, so I just kept running. I end up colliding into some, sending me to the ground. I immediately apologize, and try to get up.

" Piper, are you okay? Wait- Why are you bleeding?"

I look at the persons face, to see Gavin. I look back and see Walker in the distance, running towards me. I panic and try to run, and Gavin's now holding onto me; Worried plastered across his face.

" L-Let me go Gavin" I say, pulling away from him.

He just turned me back to him, looking down at my panicked expression. He looked up, now seeing Walker.

" Gavin- Thanks for stopping her!" He says, with a smile on his face.

Gavin looked at the scratch on his face, and then back at me.

"... actually... I was asked to get Piper. Her sister needs her." He says calmly, putting his arm around my waist pulling me slightly closer to him.

" Oh... Well... I'll talk to you later then babe-"

" How'd you get that scratch man?"

" What? This? I uh... I was at Pipes yesterday, and her cat scratched me! Lee Minho never liked me that much!" He says, with a nervous chuckle.

"...okay, well we have to go now." Gavin says, keeping me close to him.

He led me out of the school.

We sat down on the grass, a tree above us.

" Are you okay?" He asks, now looking at me.

" um yeah. i'm good!" I lie, forcing a smile on my face.

" Are you really? Cause it doesn't seem like it."

" why do you even care?"

" Cause... I consider you a friend. Friends worry about each other when something seems off." He says.

I've never thought of Gavin as a friend.

He's always been someone I was never interested in knowing. He's the kid who Coco was obsessed with in elementary school, liked all throughout middle school, and befriended at the beginning of high school. And I REALLY hate to say this, but.......

I can see why she likes him.

He's sweet and is quite literally a golden retriever! Everything from his golden blonde hair, to his icy blue eyes made me feel safe.

HE makes me feel safe.

" I'm fine Gavin. It was just a fight, that's all." I say, guilt piling in my chest.

He nods and decides to lay his head on my lap.

I have no idea why I didn't slap him.

I would of done it to anybody else who did this, so why not him?

" So- I have a question!" He says, closing his eyes.

" what is it?" I ask, a smile creeping onto my face.

".... Why are you back with Walker? I mean don't get me wrong- He's my friend but.... I don't think he's a good person to be with" Gavin says, careful not to be offensive.

" I'm not dating him. HE- wants to date me again, but I don't want to date him. He's a complete asshole, and I'm just ready to move on with my life..... Close this chapter, you know? He's an ex for a reason... He should stay in the past."

" I agree. If the rumors of him cheating on you are true, he doesn't deserve a second chance! Anyone who's fucked up that badly, shouldn't be able to fuck up someone's life again." Gavin says, as I gasp.

" what?"

".... Did you, Gavin Magnus just.... Curse? Not once- But TWICE in a sentence!" I say, dramatically.

He laughs, and all of a sudden, I feel weird.

My hearts feels like it's beating a million times per minute!

Why does he have this effect on me?

" You've never heard me curse?" He says, a huge smile plastered on his face.

" Not once in my life!"

" Well I guess you've gotta hang out with me more... Get to know me!"

" yeah.... I guess I do." I say, with a slight blush on my face.

I look at the time, and realized that I've missed 2 of my classes.

I sigh.

" Well- since I missed two classes, imma take you up on that offer! Wanna skip?" I say, looking down at him.

He looks up at me, locking eye contact.

" It'd be my pleasure!"