𝗲𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲 • 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗱*

Start from the beginning

"Don't be acting like you scared when you tell his ass the plan. I'm the one you should be nervous about, bookie."

"I'm not scared...I just don't want him to say no." KD laughed while leaning against the corner near me. Shrugging his shoulders at first as if it were so simple.

"I can't say no, and I'm not going to. If you wanna go and you feel like it's safe...go ahead. You know the rules," Crossing my arms I openly sized him, knowing that those relaxed rules wouldn't apply in about fifteen years with Kalani or Kairo. "Keep ya' location on and if Penelope call or text, you pick up. Or I send a search team."

"I got it, promise." Zay nodded, his way of signaling that it was final.

"Well....I got some last minute stuff to do. So, I'll drop you off while I'm out," I volunteered, figuring that me, Kalani, and Mama Kota could use the adventure for a Target and beauty store run. "Go get ya' stuff ready."

"K. Thank you." With a kiss on my cheek and a quick hug around KD, Milan took the second exit off the kitchen for the fastest route to the staircase. Leaving a few moments of privacy with Zay.

"Very trusting of you, would ya' say?"

"What Milan did that made you not trust her?" He awaited a response and one didn't come he grinned, pulling me closer. "We both know denying her, is only going to push her away. Mimi's not the same thirteen-year-old she was when she first came to Atlanta. She knows you trust her to be responsible."

"You're right."

"Plus, she's hanging around the older crowd because somebody encouraged her to finish high school early. So those juniors and seniors are now her peers. And them niggas is partying and hanging out...," I told the man he was right and yet he continued to prove points. "You already told me about some of them parties you went to in high school. Fast tail ass-"

"I said, you're right. Dang, Zay."

"Just making sure I made my point." He said with a simple kiss on the forehead.

I planned a slick response, but his lips were on mine within a few seconds. Erasing the plan to have that back and forth match. This was better anyway.

"Da Da." A soft whine interrupted the moment and soon little chubby arms and fingers pried between the two of us. Kalani's pigtails shook as she stretched up for Ka'Dafii's attention.

"Um, excuse you," Without second-guessing, he reached down for the little one. Her head rested on her shoulder as he laughed at the silent exchange between us. She hates to see anybody else getting her Daddy's attention.

"Just come take my lil' spot." Lani laughed before popping her pacifier inside her mouth. The three-hour run was clearly taking a toll on her, but like always — she'll fight her sleep for as long as she can.

"You finna head out for real?" KD asked, catching my shirt.

"Yeah, after Roro eats. I need to go to Target and Kota said she needs some stuff too, but didn't want to drive."

"Oh, y'all already made plans? That's crazy."

"Duh, why you think she came over here so early?" As if she was on queue, Dakota walked into the kitchen with Roro right behind her. In his arms were now carrying three trucks. "Aw shucks. You thought she came to see you. That's so cute."

"Don't get beat up."

"Please. I never have to fight for my spot, bookie."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••