2

"Good morning everyone! Today we're having a new student joining us!!" The teacher, Mr. Kim Minseok, exclaimed.

Beomgyu lifted his head up from his arms as to hearing those words come out of his math teacher's mouth. He just woke up from a long nap.

"Please, introduce yourself."

"Uhm.." Beomgyu recognized this kid as the one who he sat with on the bus earlier. "I'm Kang Taehyun, it's nice to meet you.." the latter then bowed.

Kang Taehyun, a 16 year old boy who is in his senior year which is above his actual grade level, blue haired.

"Alrighty, Taehyun, can you sit over there in that empty seat? Besides Beomgyu." The teacher points towards him.

Beomgyu jolted up and raised his hand, letting the other know who he was.

Taehyun took his seat and within the following hour nothing else interesting happened besides the look on Beomgyu's face the entire time.

Was it the blue hair that made him stand out from the rest? Was it his face that made everyone want to melt from the inside out?

Who knows? All Beomgyu knows is, damn, this boy has gotten him captivated from his beauty, and his face was making it so obvious.

"Soobin! There you are!" Beomgyu greets, running to the other who was typing something on his phone. "Who are you talking to??" He asked, peaking over his shoulder.

"Ah! No one!" Soobin pulled away. "Just.. they're my online friend, eheh.." he blushed from embarrassment.

Beomgyu's eyes sparkled in curiosity. "Can I know their name?"

"I- well- I'm not even sure what their name is or if they're a guy or girl.." Soobin replied, looking down.

"Well, what's their user?"

"Here." Soobin showed Beomgyu his phone, the user Y.Jnnie displayed on screen.

"Hm.. yeah that's hard. Anyone can have that name. But my guts are telling me it's a guy!" Beomgyu grins.

"How would you know if your guts are right??" Soobin raised a brow.

"My guts have never failed me!" The younger huffs. "By the way, I have something to tell you!"

"Okay? What is it?" Soobin asked, putting his phone away to give his bestie his full attention.

"So.. I met this guy in class today!" Beomgyu grinned so widely, Soobin would think his jaw might dislocate.

"Oh..?" Soobin raised a brow.

"Mhm! Their name is Taehyun!" The younger whisper shouts, careful not to accidentally be heard talking about this new person he may be crushing on.

"Taehyun? That's one of the new students I showed around school today. They're supposed to eat lunch with me too."

"Wha- huh?" Beomgyu suddenly felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around to see a taller dude that he doesn't recognize.

Huening Kamal Kai, a 16 year old just like Taehyun but he's in his Junior year, chestnut haired.

"Uhm, are you one of the student principals?" The younger asked, looking down at the shorter boy.

Beomgyu literally had a mini heart attack, thinking Taehyun was the one behind him. If he was, he could've heard everything just now!

"Ah, my name is Beomgyu! Nice to meet you." He managed to say, smiling his signature smile with a tiny hand wave.

Then he saw him. Taehyun walking towards their table. He panicked and turned back around to face Soobin with a look that showed all his emotions at once.

Knowing this look, Soobin hurried to let Huening Kai sit and waited for Taehyun to hurry on over so he could introduce everyone.

"Hey.. you're Soobin right? The student council or president or whatever?"

"Yeah, that's right. Come take a seat! I'll start introducing everyone." Soobin pointed to the seat next to him, as it was the last empty spot.

Huening Kai was already seated next to Beomgyu.

"So, let's start with names, shall we?" He smiled. "I'm Soobin, as you all know, how about we start with you?" He asked, turning to Taehyun.

"Ah! My name is Taehyun, and uh, I dunno? What else am I supposed to say?" He asked, looking around.

"Mm, do you have any hobbies?" Hueningkai asked, trying to start conversation.

"I love soccer." Taehyun replied with a bright smile. You can tell he was really passionate about soccer by the way he spoke cheerfully with a couple giggles here and there.

It made the boy across from him literally stop functioning normally for the second time today.

Soobin gave Beomgyu a side eye and coughed a little to get him out of that headspace.

"Beomgyu, your turn." He said, snapping the other back to reality.

"Oh! I'm Beomgyu. My favorite.. what now?"

"Hobby." Taehyun said, helping him know what they were doing.

"Ah, right! Thanks. Well.. I love to do art." He said, which was the first thing that came to mind.

"Right, you guys should definitely check out his instagram. His art there is amazing." Soobin grinned.

"Ooh! What's the @?" Hueningkai asked, looking at Beomgyu with eagerness.

"I- I don't know.. it's not even that good.." Beomgyu turned away, embarrassed. 'Soobin, please kill yourself.' He thought.

As if reading his mind, Soobin laughed and slapped the back of his head. "It's not that bad, Gyu. I swear, you're the only person who thinks your art is bad."

"Because it is..." the latter pouts.

"You don't have to give it if you really don't want to." Taehyun said, a little shrug to go with it.

"No- I do- just- maybe in the future?" Beomgyu rambled. 'God this is humiliating..'

Taehyun smiles. "Sure, I can wait."

Soobin hummed. "Anyways, it's your turn now." He turned to Hueningkai with a small smile.

"My name is Hueningkai, I reallyyy love music, it's my passion! Oh! I also lovveeeee to play video games and I have a habit of dancing to random songs when they play." He introduced with a lil wink at the end, tongue out in a silly way.

Right then and there, the bell rang, indicating for the four to hurry on to their next class. "Erm- seems we gotta head out." Taehyun spoke.

"Mhm.. what classes do you guys have next?" Beomgyu asked.

"I have science."

"Oh! Same! Let's walk together, Kai!" Taehyun grins.

They walked away, waving goodbye to the others.

"..don't you also have science, Gyu?"

"Yeah.. but it's fine! We just met, after all. No need to walk to class together, right now." Beomgyu then turned to leave. "Bye soobs.." he lazily waved without looking back.

"Bye.." Soobin waved back, a sad look on his face.

He stared at the younger's back of his head, watching him walk away. The halls began to empty as he looked around and then to the ground, at his feet. His mouth began to form a frown and his eyes dropped close. He sighed and looked back up at the same spot where Beomgyu was now gone.

'I wouldn't leave you alone like that..'