Planet of Saudade

Start from the beginning

(Y/N) slowly rises to her feet, Rosita stepping back to Gunter's side as Johnny continues to play the gentle piano melody.

"Light glimmers in... a flower," (Y/N) sings out, the lights around the stage turning a pale shade of red. "Like jewels in... a dream..."

(Y/N) looks up to the ceiling, the crowd chattering in delight as hanging stars light up a bright shade of gold and white. "The sky breathes life... love... to everything..."

The spotlight on her follows her as she steps forward, holding a hand to her cracked armor's chest.

"At times I've thought... I'm not enough," she shakes her head slowly as her eyes shut, her eyebrows furrowing in sadness. "The chains that tie my heart..."

(Y/N) turns to the moon, looking up at it with determination, "but there's still a path that lies... ahead... for you and I..."

...

Johnny smiles to himself as he continues to play on the piano, his eyes shutting as his fingers dance along the keys.

...

"Memories fade away," (Y/N) continues, her hands lowering from her chest as she turns back to the crowd. "Clouds of yesterday... with no... one... to love..."

...

The crowd watch in silence as she sings, their eyes wide in awe.

...

She looks down, her shoulder slumping in defeat. "Is this life worth living?"

(Y/N) raises her hands outwards, reaching out to nothing. "Come back to me! And stay by my side... I feel my heart shake... come ease this ache!"

She clasps her heart in pain, her eyes squeezing shut. "I'm standing over here, reaching for you... a million miles away! Come back and stay..."

"No matter how far... the memories may be," (Y/N) looks up towards the stars, reaching her hand to them. "When I close my eyes, you're all that I see! Come back to me!"

...

The crowd's eyes start to water a bit as she sings out, all watching with interest as some watch with their mouths dropped in awe.

...

"A million miles away! Come back and stay..."

...

The crowd cheer and applaud as the spot light dims a bit, most of the crowd crying freely.

...

Marcus smiles proudly down at her, holding the back of Jimmy's collar in a tight hold. Barry was sobbing as he wipes at his eyes, Stan shaking his head in amusement as he watches (Y/N) with his arms folded over his chest.

...

Buster chuckles as he clears his throat, shaking his head as he wipes at his own tearful eyes.

"She's really that good, huh?" he questions rhetorically, chuckling once more when he turns and sees Miss Crawly sobbing and Meena dabbing at her eyes with a tissue.

Nooshy smiles with sparkling eyes as she watches (Y/N), Merlin grinning ear to ear as he lets his tears fall. Suki smiles as she wipes at a falling tear, sniffling a bit.

...

Johnny's hand rests on his knee as it bounces lightly, a smile on his face as he listens to the crowd cheering for her.

...

Rosita looks down at her scanner, gasping softly and showing it to Gunter, Ash, and Clay.

"Keep singing, (Y/N)!" she shouts excitedly, waving the scanner side to side. "I'm picking up traces of a life force!"