Practice Makes... Perfect?

Start from the beginning

"That was awful," Buster cuts her off as he walks over, avoiding the other dancers and shaking his head. "Come on, guys! You can do better, I know you can!"

"He's freaking us out!" Johnny defends with a light scowl, gesturing to Klaus incredulously with wide eyes.

"And he's not doing anything to help us besides smacking us around and insulting us!" I add on with a glare towards Klaus, turning back to Buster with a slight pout.

"Guys," Buster gives them a pointed look, frowning as he tilts his head with his arms crossed over his chest.

"We're trying!" Johnny replies with exasperation, sweeping some hair from his face as he sighs.

"And thrust!" Klaus shouts dramatically, thrusting his staff away from him as he marches with the other dancers. "You two aren't thrusting! Thrust! And thrust!"

"Come on, guys!" Buster tries to encourage, marching in place and imitating the thrust. "Thrust!"

I groan lightly as I press my hands to my face in exhaustion, Johnny sighing as his shoulders droop in defeat.

"Still not thrusting! Can you thrust, please?!"

...

Third Person P.O.V

The two start marching stiffly along, (Y/N) yelping as the pose suddenly changes as she tries to copy it.

"Five, six, seven, and! Tippy-toes, tippy-toes."

"This is ridiculous," (Y/N) sighs under her breath, imitating the pose anyway.

Johnny stares in disbelief as Klaus tippy-toes past them, Klaus scowling.

"I don't see your tippy-toes!"

Buster chuckles as he tries dancing along, looking down at his feet in concentration.

"Oh, come on!" Johnny scowls lightly, gesturing angrily towards Klaus. "He's having a laugh!"

"Tippy-toes! Come on," Buster encourages, bumping his elbow against Johnny's arm. "Let's go!"

"Seven, and..."

"He's supposed to be the main dancer of the performance?"

Johnny perks up as someone speaks, making him glance over his shoulder. Nikolaus was conversing with another man, stretching his arms over his head and exhaling as he lowers them and looks over.

He catches Johnny's eye with a scoff, shaking his head, "Unbelievable. I feel bad for his partner."

Johnny's brows furrow as he frowns, Nikolaus meeting this with his own musing smile as he scowls back.

"Johnny!" (Y/N) whispers urgently, tippy-toeing pass him as she tilts her head towards the approaching Klaus.

Johnny blinks quickly, trying to imitate the action and yelping as he stumbles around.

"That is rubbish! Terribly poor, really bad!" Klaus continues, smacking Johnny's chin so he raises his head higher. "Doing better, (Y/N)! Keep. It. Up!"

...

The doors push open roughly, making the others jump as (Y/N) and Johnny stagger through while leaning on one another for support.

"That bloke absolutely hates me!" Johnny scowls towards the doors as he stands upright, wiping the back of his neck with a small towel. "I don't know what his deal is, but I swear..."

"No kidding," (Y/N) sighs out in agreement, shaking her head. "Klaus is a total jerk. I can't believe he's our dance choreographer."

Johnny's scowl falls, and he clears his throat. "Right... Klaus..."