Ideas for the Musical

Start from the beginning

Buster beckons the group to follow him as they marvel at the sight, Johnny taking (Y/N)'s hand and squeezing it reassuringly. Ash bumps her shoulder against (Y/N)'s, nodding and holding her fist up. (Y/N) relaxes with their support, fist bumping Ash with a chuckle before squeezing Johnny's hand back.

...

Three servers wheel in carts of prepared foods and desserts, bowing to the group as they exit promptly.

(Y/N) struggles to frantically write what Gunter was saying, Buster quickly typing on his computer what said man was saying as well.

"Okay," (Y/N) breathes out deeply, rolling her wrist as she adjusts her pen in her hand. "What happens next?"

Gunter bounces around on the couches, twirling as he speaks. "Okay, so this guy is coming in from that side, and it's like, cuckoo crazy! And then I think we should have, like, this cool alien tango scene."

He hums a tango, dancing with a pillow as he leaps off the couch.

"Wait, wait, an 'alien tango scene?'" (Y/N) mumbles, writing it down anyway. "But-- okay, what's the alien got to do with the... You know what? I'm not questioning anything anymore. Alien tango it is."

"I love it!" Buster laughs, typing away at his keyboard.

"Wait!" Gunter gasps dramatically, halting his dancing. "I've got a better idea!"

He runs up to Buster, peering over his laptop to the screen.

"What if it was, like, a big underwater scene instead?"

Gunter imitates someone dancing underwater, moving his arms like tentacles.

"... Underwater?" Buster questions, (Y/N) sighing as she crosses off 'Alien tango scene' and replaces it with 'Underwater?'

"Yeah, yeah!" Gunter nods rapidly, pretending to dive down as he holds his nose. "I'm sure of this! Write it down."

"Mmm, okay..." Buster backspaces the tango scene, typing out 'underwater scene.'

"Wait!" Gunter squeals, leaping to his feet. "Wait! Stop your clicky-clacky and your writing! I have a better idea."

(Y/N) forces a smile as she chuckles awkwardly, crossing off 'underwater?' and sighing as she looks over her mostly scribbled out notebook.

"You can't keep changing your mind," Buster sighs as well, tilting his laptop screen back at him as Gunter tries peering over once more.

"Why?" Gunter asks, still smiling brightly.

(Y/N) plops her notebook on the table, Buster flicking it so it faces him and glancing over it. He blinks slowly at the amount of scribbled out writing, running a hand down his face.

"Why?" Buster repeats, laughing crazily from stress. "Because in exactly 20 minutes the stage crew are coming here to start work on our show, and we need to lock this stuff down!"

The doorbell rings, (Y/N) plopping down onto the couch with a groan as she leans her head back while covering her face with her hands.

"Oh, my gosh-- they're early," Buster gasps, looking up in exasperation.

"Ooh!" Gunter lounges back on the glass table, looking up at the chandelier on the ceiling. "And I want to have like, this beautiful sad love moment after the other love scene..."

Buster rises and starts to walk over to the door, pausing by (Y/N).

"... Have I told you lately that I am grateful for your unending support?" he questions lightly with a worried smile.

(Y/N) only glares silently at him between her fingers, covering her eyes back up.

"Ah, hah... love you too, sis..." Buster jogs towards the doors, pausing once more and facing Miss Crawly. "Miss Crawly, anything on Calloway?"

Miss Crawly was looking over her large board of possible places Calloway could be, pinpoints on some areas with red string lacing around some.

"Not a thing," she sadly calls back, shaking on the ladder she was standing on.

"Oh, geez," Buster winces, rubbing his temple as he jogs to the door.

He opens the door, peeking only his head out. Standing in front of him was the lead crewmember wearing overalls with markers in his overall from pocket, a yellow construction hat along his bald head.

"Ah, Mr. Moon," Mason greets, taking off his construction hat and tucking it under his arm. "We're your production team, and we're here to start--"

"Yes, yes, yes," Buster quickly interrupts, smiling nervously as he forces a laugh. "Uh, you're here to work on the show. And I would gladly invite you all in right now, but..."

"Gunter, hey-- Gunter!"

Buster looks back as (Y/N) calls Gunter, yelping as Gunter dramatically yanks both doors open and poses.

"We should totally do, like, a battle scene!!" he screams in excitement. "Like, they fight for the princess!"

"Gunter!" Buster regains himself, pushing him back inside with a tense smile towards Mason. "No, not now!"

"Come on, let's-- let's go over the... battle scene," (Y/N) encourages, tugging Gunter back inside the suit with a polite nod towards the crew.

Buster clears his throat, closing one of the doors and hovering the other open just a tad. "We just need a little more time to, you know, hammer out a few minor, little details, so would it be okay if you all come back in, like, I don't know, an hour?"

"Or two!" (Y/N) chimes in, the crew looking towards her voice before looking back to Buster.

"... Or maybe four," Buster nervously adds on, sheepishly chuckling as he starts to close the door more. "And we really appreciate your patience. Thank you so much."

Buster shuts the door before the crew could reply, Mason frowning as he glances back at his crew.

"... Okay," he mumbles, shrugging and nodding to the crew as they start to leave.

"Okay," Buster sighs heavily, leaning back on the doors. "That was not a great start."

"Oh, look!" Miss Crawly urges, making Buster look over as she approaches a table with two gift baskets. "Gifts from Mr. Crystal for you and (Y/N). There's only one card, though..."

"Huh," Buster nods for her to continue, walking over as Gunter and (Y/N) work in the back.

"It-- It says," Miss Crawly's smile falters as she reads, clearing her throat. "Um. 'Don't screw up, Moon. Or else.'"

(Y/N) looks over at this, pausing her typing on Buster's laptop. Buster looks back at her with slight fear, quickly smiling reassuringly even if it didn't meet his eyes.

"Ooh!" Gunter screeches, startling (Y/N) as he eagerly slaps at her bicep. "I've got a better idea!"

He rises from the couch, dancing.

"What about the mambo?!" he sings out as he dances. "And everyone's in space suits? A great idea? I think so!"

(Y/N) looks down at her notebook, tearing out the scribbled out page and crumpling it before tossing it away with a tired sigh as Buster groans and pinches the bridge of his nose.

...

..