"Tama na iyak muna, Mahal ko. Magang maga na mata mo oh. Hirap na hirap ako para sayo," pagmamakaawa niya sakin at hinalikan ang mata ko which made me laugh.

Na-conscious ako kasi for sure, maalat mata ko ngayon.

"Thank you for loving me. Even when I still taste like heartache and war. Thank you for not leaving me alone in the dark. You know, before I met you, sabi ko, hindi na ako magmamahal. Kasi hindi ko na kaya. But then one night, you came. You smiled at me, and there I knew, I blew my plan already. I told myself na I wouldn't fall in love with you, I promised. Kasi ayaw kong madamay ka sa gulo ko. But it was 3 AM we were laughing on the balcony and I felt happy for the first time in a long time. It gave me strength to somehow get my shit together just so that I could have you. Just so that I could have the tiniest feeling that I deserve you. You made me see that you are worth turning my life around. And for that, I will forever be grateful. Through ups and downs," I said smiling and this time, it was her turn to shed her tear.

"Through ups and downs," sabi niya while we made our pinky promise.

Matagal kaming natahimik dalawa but I didn't feel alone. It didn't feel lonely. Kahit na rinig na rinig ko ang tibok ng puso niya, it was very different from the silence that used to haunt me.

"Sleep," she said when she realized I was fighting my sleep.

"I'll be here to fight the demons that came to haunt you," sabi niya then kissed the top of my head before I finally slept like a baby.

-

I woke up by the smell of waffles and chocolates na kaagad nagpangiti sa akin.

"Mahaaaaaal," tawag ko sa kanya while putting my arms up signaling that I want some cuddles.

She came running to me and I was met with her tight hugs and kisses na lasang chocolates.

"Good morning," nakangiti kong bati sa kanya while my eyes are still closed and she giggled.

"It's almost lunch but I wanted some waffles. Gusto mo na ba mag-lunch?" Tanong niya kaagad and I opened my eyes to see her staring at me with a soft smile on her face.

"You're so pretty," nakangiti kong sabi sa kanya and she kissed my nose.

"Cutiepie. Brunch?" She asked and I nodded as I was sitting up.

"I want to help with waffles," masaya kong sabi then she smiled.

"Sige. Eat muna kahit isa lang nung naluto ko then you can help," sabi niya at magkayakap kaming naglakad papunta sa kitchen at isinubo niya pa ang waffles na gawa niya.

"I wish I could cook just like you. I really think the kitchen hates me," sabi ko sa kanya while eating her food with so much appreciation. It's so good!

"Is the chocolate Nutella? Ang sarap mahal!" Masaya kong sabi and she nodded proudly.