"I told you; I will do this for you. You know how I feel. Giving you the life that you've always dreamed of is enough for me." Emmett smiles softly.

"It's not just about what I want. I want you to want a human life too. I don't want you to resent me later in life because I took this world away from you." I say with sadness. I'd never forgive myself if he ended up hating me because he felt like I forced him into becoming a human.

"Rose. You gave me this life. I've never been able to properly thank you for that. You saved me from death and took down a bear in the matter of seconds, quite sexily I might add." He playfully bumps my shoulder with his. "If this is what you want, I'm fully on board. I could never resent you. And hey, if we ever change our minds, we could just have Carlisle turn us again." Emmett says more seriously. I hear Bella suck her teeth and cringe. I snap my head in her direction, completely losing my smile.

"Sorry, I meant no offense. I would just never willingly go through that pain again." Bella says apologetically. I catch Victoria looking up at her from the ground, pain in her eyes. That's right, she had to watch her venom eat Bella alive. I can see now that she really does care for Bella. I nod at them in agreement. I never plan on going through that process again. I will die a human; the way life should be.

"I don't blame you, that pain was horrible. It was like being burned alive. I only experienced it for a few short moments, but it felt like eternity. The fact that you all experienced that for days sends chills down my spine. I don't envy any of you." Evie chimes in. I glance at the shapeshifters to see they were no longer reading each other's minds.

"We've come to a decision." Otso interrupts. We all stare at him impatiently.

"We will do the resurrection ritual on the two of you after we know the Volturi will no longer be a problem for us anymore. We want justice for our dead, but we are willing to form a truce if they promise to leave us be. We have already lost so many lives; we don't want to lose anymore." Otso proclaims. I almost jump up in excitement. I get to have my life back and I will stop at nothing to make sure that happens. They could've asked us to wipe out the Volturi and I would've done it.

"Thank you so much. I'd cry if it was possible. You have no idea what this means to me." I say wanting to wrap every one of them up in a big hug.

"There are still things we'll need to discuss such as what you will need to do to prepare for the ritual." Evie informs me.

"Like what? Whatever I have to do I will, just tell me." I say with anticipation.

"Well, it's pretty simple really. We'll need a strand of your hair, and we'll need some of your human blood. With that we'll make a concoction that you'll drink. After which, you will experience pain. It will not be the same as venom but opposite. You'll be very cold. Ice will run through your veins and counteract the venom, returning your blood cells to normal." Evie explains. Every bit of joy I felt a few moments ago dissolved into a mortifying realization.

"Wait, you'll need our human blood?" I ask in shock.

"Yes. The process can't be completed without it. It doesn't have to be fresh. I realize it may be difficult to get your hands on that, but it is a necessity." Jen chimes in.

"I... I don't know what to say. I kept the blouse I was wearing the night I was turned, and it's drenched in old dry blood. You may be able to get a sample from that, but getting ahold of Emmett's human blood is going to be impossible. He was mauled in the woods by a bear. The rain will have washed away all of his spilt blood." I explain, every word shattering my heart piece by piece.

"So, you'll get to change back to human, but I won't." Emmett says, the realization finally hitting him. "That's okay. We can find a way to make that work. You'll never have to feel like I resented you for turning me human and I'll never have to go through the horrifying pain of changing back to human. It's a win-win." He smiles smugly.