Chapter Seven: Meeting the Howlett

Start from the beginning

Third POV

The Howlett were proud to say they perfectly abnormal thank you very much.

They were a very unique family. With a heretic, a hybrid, and three tribrid children, they were truly the Heinz 57 of supernatural families.

The mother, Sarah was born in 1848 to the all-powerful Gemini Coven. She, along with her older brother Kevin were Siphoners. They were classified as abominations.

Mary Jane and Valerie Tulle who had recently become Heretic and saw the young boy and girl dying of consumption, like so many before them. They could tell they were Siphoners like them, so they turned them. Sarah was 24 and Kevin was 20.

The father, Maxwell, was born in 1969 to a human father, and werewolf mother. He triggered his curse when he was 16 after defeating a girl who was about to be assaulted. He later fell in love with and eventually married Sarah. He eventually became a hybrid thanks to his friend Grayson Gillbert

Their oldest son, Christopher, was a siphoner like his mother and a werewolf like his father. He was turned by Niklaus Mikaelson, using the blood of his infant son Adonis. When he died he unknowingly created a tribrid.

Their second oldest son, Rowan, was the exact same history as his older brother but instead being the age of 23 when he was turned, he was 16. They were, of course, sired by Klaus, but to Adonis, although they believed it was Klaus.

Their youngest child and only daughter, Harper, was the exact same history as her two older brothers but instead being the age of 23 and 16 when she was turned, she was 16. They were, of course, sired by Klaus, but to Adonis, although they believed it was Klaus.

They were currently in Charlotte, North Carolina traveling through the woods. The children and their father were in their wolf forms, running free, whilst Sarah and Kevin walked behind them.

Adonis and Mimi had stopped in Charlotte, as they had now been 'on the run' for a few days, and wanted to stretch their legs. Adonis had wandered off by himself, after assuring Mimi that he was be fine, and collapsed against a tree, breaking down in sobs.

How had his life come to this? He had left behind New Orleans and people he had loved so he could be free of the pain of being the second born Mikaelson. 'Why is Hope better in their eyes? Why am I not good enough?' Those questions ran rapid-fire through his head, soon he was hyperventilating.

The wolves heard the hyperventilating from a mile away and they were confused. 'Who would be out here all by themselves?' As quickly as the wolves heard it Sarah and Kevin sped ahead to find the person who was clearly in the midst of a panic attack.

They saw a heap of blonde hair leaning against a tree. Sarah could sense his power and it made her curious, but the boy's sobbing and hyperventilating made her enter mama bear mode.

"Sweetheart are you okay?" Sarah asked as she and Kevin walked towards the boy as if he was a frightened animal. The blonde's head snapped up and looked at the two siblings with tears running down her face.

Adonis heard the question but it sounded like he was hearing them from underwater. He knew he was looking at the person who asked the question but couldn't find her voice to answer so instead he shook his head no.

The youngest Mikaelson heir felt something trying to crawl between the space when he had hunched over and was met with the face of a brown wolf with green eyes. It whined at him and laid its head against his chest.

Sarah watched as her oldest son try to comfort and calm the boy down but noticed it wasn't working. She sped over to the boy and sat there, telling him that he was okay.

"Why is it always her? Why is it never me? Why is it always Hope?" He cried.

Sarah and Kevin's undead heart broke. Soon two other wolf came over to comfort the girl, Sarah noticing that it was her two young children, Rowan and Harper.

"Can you tell me your name?" Kevin asked the blonde.

"Adonis. Adonis James." He said but they knew he didn't give a last name.

"Do you have a last name?" Sarah pressed and felt the boy tense under the hand on his shoulder.

"You'll run when you hear it. Plus they don't care about me, only a few do." Adonis told the woman with innocent eyes.

"We won't run. I promise." Kevin assured the boy sighed.

"My last name is Mikaelson." He whispered but due to vampire hearing they heard. They couldn't help the look of surprise on their face.

Mimi was watching from a distance, ready at a moment's notice to defend the boy. The only wolf who hadn't gone to the boy, Maxwell had drifted over to Mimi and shifted back to his human form. Mimi immediately chucked him his leather jacket, so she could cover-up.

"Is he really?" He asked the girl. She nodded in response.

"Klaus and Hayley, well the whole lot of them could care less, except for Kol, his wife Davina, Elijah, his husband Carlisle, a wolf Keelin, and Marcel Gerard. We had to get him out of New Orleans. He was spiraling." Mimi explained knowing that the vampire and three shifted wolves were listening intently.

"Do you have somewhere to stay?" Sarah asked concerned for the two teenagers even though Mimi were a good century old.

"No. We were just gonna stay for a couple of hours, but AJ seems to like it here." Mimi started.

"You can stay with us." Maxwell offered, feeling protective of them.

As the two of them began to protest, not wanting to be burden, they immediately stopped seeing the motherly look on Sarah's face.

"You're staying with us and that's final." She decided and the two nodded.

The three wolves with Adonis in between them. The blonde was no longer crying but he had a smile on his face as the three wolves kept nudging him.

The four walked ahead so Mimi drifted with the adults and explained more about why they had left.

"For his entire life, he was always second best in the eyes of those who should have encouraged him. Seven people over the course of his entire life have cared about him. Six of them stayed in New Orleans, and I was the other one. He's hesitant to let people in. For sixteen years it's always been Hope first." Mimi began.

"He needs a family. I mean, he has us, but I'm his best friend. He needs people who care and can be there for him. Those who he left behind in New Orleans, weren't worthy of him. The ones he cared about there were the only family he ever had but is realizing he most likely won't see them for a long time. He's going to let you in, albeit hesitantly, and it will take time. Don't give up on him, and he won't give up on you." Mimi finished.

The two Howlett and the Knox took another look at the blonde boy with the bright blue eyes and the small smile on his face as he walked with the wolves, and knew. They knew that he and the beautiful brown girl would become a part of their family.

And they were completely okay with that.