Soon enough, Grace was at the palace. People dashed back and forth with flowers, food, drinks, etc.
Everything looked... magical.
At the top of the stairs by the doors stood the Queen and Brimsley, "Miss Grace, My dear, you look absolutely lovely," she smiled, kissing both sides of Grace's face.
"Thank you for having me, Your Majesty," Grace bowed.
"Come, I have something for you to wear this evening," she grinned, entering the palace.
Grace followed suit as the Queen explained the night, "Now, this evening will be different compared to other seasons. Instead of announcing this season's diamond and having her in the crowd, We are going to have you hidden away until everyone has arrived, I shall give a short speech and then announce you, as this season's diamond, and then you will step out at the top of the staircase." Gesturing the grand stairs, "you shall stand there for a few moments then proceed down to me, Got it?" She halted, then turned.
"Yes, Your Majesty." Grace smiled.
"Good. Now, this is for you" The Queen spoke, gathering a beautiful necklace with purple stones and diamonds. The design consists of multiple purple gems, reflecting a rich, deep hue. The gems are interspersed with sparkling diamonds, enhancing its elegance. Something a Queen would wear to dinner or during the day just walking about.
The air was taken from Grace's lungs, "Oh, I could not possibly-"
"Yes, you could." She replied, passing Grace the breathtaking jewelry.
"Like I said before, I chose you as this season's Diamond for a reason Miss Grace. You have made many impressions and contain a certain type of power. A kind with authority and passion, similar to myself." She sighed, "Something I cannot see in my children, perhaps it was because they grew up with so much and did not have to fight for what they desire. Take what you can get my child," The Queen smiled, signaling a nearby servant to place the necklace upon Grace.
"Thank you, your Majesty, for everything." she beamed, lightly grazing her fingers across the gems.
"Pardon my intrusion, your Majesty, but the guests are arriving," Brimsley spoke, stepping forward.
"Thank you, Brimsley. I shall have someone bring you to a sitting room for you to wait until you are retrieved for the reveal." The Queen smiled, leaving Grace alone with the jewels for a few moments before being escorted out.
The band began to play as the sound of footsteps and chatter strolled in.
Lady Cowper and her daughter, Cressida Cowper. Lady Featherton with her three daughters, Prudence, Philippa, and Penelope. Lady Bridgerton, with Viscount Anthony, Benedict, and Eloise, had all arrived along with many others, such as Lady Danbury, Lady Huxley, and many eligible men.
Champagne, lemonade, and light appetizers floated around the ballroom as people chatted and gossiped with one another.
"Lady Bridgerton, lovely to see you. Tell me, how is the new Duchess of Hastings?" The Queen spoke, greeting the Bridgertons.
"Very well, thank you, your Majesty," Violet bowed.
"Viscount Bridgerton, have any ladies caught your eye yet? Or perhaps some have caught you, Mr. Bridgerton?" The Queen asked, looking at Anthony and Benedict, both becoming stunned.
"Ahem- No, not yet, your Majesty. However, I'm sure some will in due course," Anthony coughed.
"I agree," his younger brother added, both a little flushed in the cheeks from such a question.
Violet began to see people creating a queue for the Queen, sensing their time had ended, "Lovely to make your acquaintance, your Majesty," she bowed, smiling as she took her children from the Queen, and onto the dance floor.
"How have the interviews gone brother? Find a Lady to charm yet?" Benedict asks, grasping a glass of lemonade from the table.
"I don't know, you're the artist. You see anyone remotely inspiring?" Anthony sighs, "The Queen announces the diamond this evening, and I shall have a wife. It is as simple as that."
Eloise swiftly makes her way next to her brothers in an attempt to escape a dance. "Careful, you'd have to spend the rest of your life with that woman, better hope she's-"
"What? Stubborn, headstrong, and a pain like you? Never." Anthony finished, taking a sip of his drink.
"Have you looked in the mirror lately, brother? Because I fear that is you whom you speak of," Eloise scoffed.
"Why are my children standing around the refreshments and not mingling?" Violet asked in a hushed tone
"Well-" Eloise tried to speak.
"No, I do not want to hear it, all three of you go, NOW," Violet quietly yelled, shooing her children to the main floor.
"Is this what baby birds feel like?" Benedict questions as he's getting shoved away from his mother.
By now everyone has arrived as the first dance is about to begin but, before that can happen the Queen stands up, and chatter simmers down. Grace can hear it quiet down and soon enough, a servant is at the door fetching her.
"Stand right here, and when Her Majesty calls your name, both these doors will open, and you will step out. Wait for a few seconds, then proceed down the stairs to the Queen, you will then receive your dance card." She smiled, taking Grace's hand, "And many congrats, my lady, I wish you luck," giving it a light squeeze before departing.
The Queen begins to speak, and nerves fly up and down Grace's body.
"Your presence is noted, and your Queen most appreciates it. Allow it to be my honor to present to you the season's diamond," gesturing to the doors at the top of the staircase as they open, "Miss Grace Fawn," She smiles.
Grace takes a breath and steps out onto the landing, guests gasp and begin muttering. Grace then smiles and makes her way down the stairs to the Queen and Brimsley, who is standing nearby, as always.
Once at the Queen, Grace bows, music commences again, and people applaud.
A handful of gentlemen begin to step forward, already wanting a dance.
Benedict leans in, "What are you going to do now brother?
Anthony could just stare in awe, "The little fawn we once new is certainly gone, isn't she?"
"I think she finally stopped giving in to others," Benedict replied, smiling to himself, being as proud as ever of her.

(So sorry for taking so long to update between work and college it been hard to find spare time. I spent an extra long time writing, revising and editing this chapter so I do hope you all enjoy it.)