𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ

Start from the beginning

But part of him convinces himself that Hope won't do that, maybe she would listen to him and let him talk to explain. Maybe she can forgive him and they can be friends after this.

JJ has enough with the monologue inside his head, he needs to see that girl and he will do it now.

After making sure there's no one there except Hope, he keeps striding toward her at the pool. Her back still facing him, the sounds of water splashing lowly made by the movement of her legs under the water.

She's humming some of her favourite song, letting the silence of the night drowning her own thought. She always do this, just hanging outside in the middle of the night.

It bring some sort of comfort to herself, especially if the day time was a stressful event for her. Night time always the time when she feels the comfort the most.

Hope heard something from her back but that's not enough to make her turn to look at it, probably just winds. Until she feels someone standing behind her and a voice muttering her name.

"Hope--" the familiar voice said and she looks up to see the person and she swears she almost fall right into the pool when she saw JJ Maybank standing behind her only couple inches away.

She blinks her eyes, afraid if she's seeing thing and her mind did some tricks on her but the boy still standing there.

"What the fuck! What the hell are you doing here?!" Hope squeals, she quickly gets up from the edge and facing the boy. She completely unaware that she's only wearing a crop top with a short, half of her body now revealing to the boy.

It's not like she never wears anything like this before but it's still inappropriate especially when this boy just show up out of nowhere.

"I know this looks crazy and it sounds crazy too but---I need to talk with you, can we talk?" JJ quickly said when he saw the panic expression on her. "And please don't yell or try to get cops here. I swear I'm not trying to hurt you or anything, I just want to talk"

"Why shouldn't I? Why would I believed you? You pointed a gun to my brother's head just hours ago!" Hope snapped but still control her tone, not trying to wake up anyone in her household.

"I know, okay. I'm sorry, I shouldn't do that" JJ admits, hold out his hands as gestures "But Topper was drowning John B and I had to do something"

"You can do a lot of things, JJ. Anything other than a gun" Hope said "You could hurt someone with that. I don't mean that only for my brother but to anyone. The safety was off and you actually shot two times after that" she starts to freak out at the thought of it.

She's not only concerned of what would happen to Topper, but to everyone else. Even to JJ. People might use it against him and he really can get hurt because of it.

"I know, I know. That's why I'm here, I want to apologize" JJ shudders, approaching the girl

"Apologize to me? why would you want to apologize to me? you didn't do anything to me"

JJ froze a little, she's right about it. Why would he wants to apologize to her when he barely touch the girl, not even slightest.

But he's not going to apologize to Topper, he thought the boy deserved what he did to him and he's not regretting it. But he feels like he owed Hope an apology.

"And are you seriously just get all the way from the Cut to here because you want to apologize to me? At this time? Do you know what time is it now, Maybank?" Hope continues when JJ didn't answer to her and just stand there, like he's losing his braincells or something.

"Uh---I don't know, do you?" JJ said making Hope almost yells at him

"It's 2 in the morning. You should be asleep, not pulling some shit like this" Hope added up, showing her wristwatch at him to show the time.