Bonding Through Care

Start from the beginning

"I don't want you to go, Buggy," Scarlet locks eyes with him. Pleading green orbs burning into blue ones with blown-out pupils. "I feel better when you're around." Her confession hangs in the air, a vulnerable admission that momentarily stuns the clown. Buggy's breath catches in his throat, and his heart races in response to the unexpected sincerity of her words.

A smile, too genuine to contain, gradually spreads across Buggy's face. He nods slowly, his heart swelling with a mix of relief and affection, and he gently squeezes her hand in reassurance.

"Alright, sweets," he says, his voice warm and tender. "I'll stay."

With gentle and deliberate movements, Buggy leads Scarlet towards the inviting expanse of the bed, taking a seat on its edge. Scarlet, however, doesn't lower herself on the bed, but stands before the clown, her expression tinged with curiosity and perhaps a hint of bemusement.

Observing Buggy's promptness, Scarlet asks, her voice laced with a subtle hint of surprise, "You're already prepared for bedtime?" Her gaze travels over him, scrutinizing his appearance and demeanor.

Buggy, despite his previous brief moment of confidence, now finds himself suddenly plagued by uncertainty. Could it be that after looking at him closer, the idea of sharing a bed with him repels her? Has he misunderstood her intentions entirely? "Damn it!" he thinks, having these worrisome thoughts churn within him, "I'm an idiot! I should have offered to sleep on the floor and not assume she'd like to share my bed."

As Buggy contemplates his next move, opening his mouth to offer the bed to Scarlet and take the floor, Scarlet's question catches him off guard, "You don't remove your make-up before bed?"

This query leaves Buggy momentarily flustered, causing his words to tumble out hesitantly, "Well, sometimes I do."

Scarlet, however, remains resolute. She shakes her head, her expression a mix of determination and mild exasperation. "This won't do," she declares before pivoting and heading back toward the bathroom. In her quest for a hairbrush just moments ago, she came across a pack of wet wipes, thinking that they'd probably take Buggy's clown makeup off without any hassle.

Scarlet reemerges from the bathroom quickly with the pack of wet wipes clutched in her hand, her determination evident. She finds Buggy still sitting on the bed, a tableau of uncertainty and confusion clearly visible on his face.

Approaching Buggy with deliberate steps, Scarlet gracefully kneels before him, taking place in between his slightly spread legs, without getting too close. She places the wipes beside her, taking one from the pack.

Unbeknownst to her, Buggy's azure eyes are fixated on her every gesture, his mind teeming with the surreal realization that this unexpected moment is unfolding right before him. A subtle warmth colors his cheeks pinks as he glances at the woman kneeling before him, right in his cabin.

"Keep it cool," Buggy silently tells himself, his gaze reluctantly drifting from Scarlet. He fixes his attention on the unremarkable blank wall before him, desperately wishing that his embarrassing blush will subside swiftly.

Furthermore, he desperately hopes that this intimate moment won't give rise to unforeseen 'complications', potentially making things between them awkward.

Before Buggy's thoughts could spiral any further, Scarlet extends her hand cautiously, her touch gently and reassuring as she makes contact with his heated cheeks. In her other hand, she holds a wet wipe, its moist surface beginning the delicate process of removing the layer of paint from his face.

Every movement she makes is marked by care and tenderness, and Buggy finds himself pleasantly surprised at how comforting it feels to have her attending to him. The warmth in her touch and the precision of her movements make him feel valued and cherished in a way he hasn't experienced before.

"This feels nice," he thinks and as her hands continue their work, Buggy can't help but surrender to the tranquility of the moment. As the initial waves of embarrassment subside, he gradually loosens the tension in his muscles. He even allows himself to lean ever so slightly into her touch, his eyes drifting shut.

"Nearly done," she whispers, her gaze fixated on his face, her proximity allowing her to appreciate the finer details. Buggy's long eyelashes and naturally pink lips stand out even without the means of makeup. "You've been hiding that handsome face from me, hm?"

Her words carried a mixture of playful jest and sincere admiration, and Buggy couldn't help but feel a warmth spreading within him.

Buggy cautiously opens his eyes, finding himself momentarily lost in the depth of Scarlet's gaze. His mind is racing, searching for words to fill the silence that hangs between them, yet he knows that there are only three particular words that echo relentlessly in his thoughts – words he doesn't dare to say aloud.

However, before the tension could become unbearable, Scarlet intervenes with her own words. "Finished," she declares, rising from her seat to dispose of the used wipes. Her action grand Buggy a much-needed pause, giving him both time and space to process what had just happened.

When Scarlet re-enters the room, Buggy has made up his mind. He lies down on the bed, deliberately making sure that there's still enough space for Scarlet to join him however she feels comfortable. To his pleasant surprise, she doesn't hesitate for even a moment.

With a graceful ease, she chooses to share the bed with him without reservation. She even lays her head gently on his chest, and her arms wrap around his torso in an affectionate embrace. It is a simple yet profoundly intimate gesture.

"What about your bandana?" Scarlet whispers, her curiosity getting the better of her.

As if in a trance, Buggy reaches up and pulls the bandana down. At the moment, it seems as though Scarlet could ask for anything, and he would willingly oblige. With the bandana now gone, his long blue hair cascades over his board shoulders, some of its strands even tickling Scarlet's nose.

"Wow," she whispers in awe, her fingers instinctively reaching out to run through his hair. "I didn't think your hair would be so long. It's beautiful."

Buggy's heart skips a beat at her words. He feels like he has struck gold, and he couldn't have asked for more. It is as if he has stumbled upon a piece of heaven, though he can't help but think he doesn't deserve such happiness. Yet, here he is, living in this magical moment that defied his expectations.

"I don't want this moment to end," he thinks, his emotions overwhelming him. Carefully, he puts his arms around Scarlet, drawing her closer and snuggling against her. It is a gesture that speaks volumes, conveying his desire to hold onto this beautiful moment for as long as possible.

"Good night," Scarlet whispers, her words carrying a sense of contentment as she feels him reciprocating the embrace, his fingertips tracing soothing patterns on her back. She gradually allows herself to relax, draping a leg over his hips, feeling the gentle rise and fall of his chest beneath her.

"Good night, sweets," he murmurs in reply, the endearment slippering from his lips as he plants a soft, almost imperceptible kiss on the crown of her hair.

Buggy notices the gradual shift in Scarlet's breathing patterns, a telltale sign that she has drifted into slumber within the secure embrace of his arms. The notion of someone as inherently pure as her finding solace in the arms of a man like him continues to puzzle him, a mystery that leaves him both humbled and amazed.

Yet, here she is, cradled in his care, and he is resolved to never let her slip away again.

"I'll keep you safe," he mutters softly to himself, his voice filled with determination, vividly recalling the pain that had shimmered in her eyes when she first stumbled into his cabin. The memory of her vulnerability tugs at his heartstrings, and he vows, "I'll burn the whole place down if that's what it takes to keep you happy."