𝗖𝗛. 𝟰𝟭

Start from the beginning

getou could care less about the game right now. "what are you gonna do now then since you can't marry her?"

"i haven't thought about that yet." gojo rubbed his head lowering it in the process. he hadn't really thought of what to do for the last two weeks since they canceled the engagement. "well, you better start thinking, what if it's too late and you can't marry her anymore?" getou mentioned laying back into the couch with his hands behind his head.

"did you hear about the second year yesterday? he died on his mission... who knows, one of you could die any moment in this field, satoru. won't you regret it if something happened to her? won't you feel like you should've kissed her one last time or just told her i love you before she left? won't you regret not marrying her knowing you guys are probably madly in love with each other?" getou created multiple images in gojo's head. he wouldn't be able to live if naoko died. it already almost happened before.

"i mean you already almost lost her once. don't you remember how bad it was that week? all the sleepless nights, you never came out of your room for god sake, satoru." getou remembered the sight of his best friend. he tried to help him, but it was no use if he didn't even come out of his hole of dark thoughts. that week was the worst he'd ever seen gojo, he only came out for missions and when he did see him the bags of his eyes were so dark and puffy from all the crying, he did that night.

"i just think you should put a ring on her finger soon. then at least you won't have any regrets." putting more thoughts into satoru's head. maybe he had a point. maybe if he married her now like they were supposed to they'd have no regrets, right?

gojo scratches his head in deep thought thinking of every single possibility that could come. he didn't like the idea of losing naoko, especially before he could even marry her, well he didn't want to lose her period. not again.

'she'd say yes, without a doubt, right?' the boy thought to himself sighing at all the thoughts piling in his head.

────

♡。༝☆

♡。༝☆.ᐟ 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗞𝗢'𝗦 𝗔𝗗𝗩𝗜𝗖𝗘

──── 𝙉𝘼𝙊𝙆𝙊 𝙒𝘼𝙇𝙆𝙎 𝙄𝙉𝙏𝙊 shoko's room with a slight knock of the door "shoko i'm here! and i brought some goodies!" she shouts as she places the plate of different cookies which she baked throughout that last few days.

"oh my god! naoko you shouldn't have!" shoko screams in excitement taking a cookie and stuffing her face. "oh, this is so good!" she says grabbing another cookie before walking into the kitchen.

"want anything to drink?" naoko nods her head as shoko warms up some hot water for tea. she sat at the table across from naoko holding her head in the palm of her hand, "so while we wait for the tea, what's new? how's it going with gojo? almost a year, right?"

"yea next month actually!" naoko was quite excited about this. she couldn't believe it was already a year since they confessed to each other. she never thought it would end up like this, never in a million years. shoko was more than happy to hear her best friend's relationship is going well. "how's he been treating you?" the brunette asked pouring the hot water into the mugs, preparing the tea, placing it in front of naoko.

naoko blew her piping hot tea smiling behind the steam, "i never thought i could love someone as much as i love him. so yea, he's treating me well i guess." shoko squealed at her friend's response.

"when are you guys getting married? next month too right? after our graduation?" naoko paused at the question, "actually, we can't get married anymore."

"why?!" the brunette shocked at the news yelled. "my family. since i got promoted, they don't want to hand me off to the gojo clan anymore so there's no need to marry him." naoko explained sighing at the situation.

shoko walked to the other side of the table hugging her best friend in comfort. she knew it must've hurt to hear that you could no longer marry the person you love, "oh nao-chan...i'm sorry. you must've been looking forward to that especially since you guys are actually in love now."

naoko pulled away smiling. "it's ok. i mean yea, i was a little bit sad at first but if we can still be together i think i'll be fine." shoko was surprised at how well she was taking this, but it was naoko after all. she always managed to remain calm and composed.

sitting back in her seat shoko questioned taking another sip of the green tea she made for them, "so what are you guys gonna do?" naoko sighed again thinking back to her conversation with gojo, "i don't know yet. satoru was set on 'fixing' this but i don't know how he'll 'fix' it."

"what if he proposes to you?" shoko pops an idea into naoko's head. she really hoped that wasn't the case. "honestly, i might turn him down. not because i don't want to marry him!" she yelled waving her hands in defense, "i just think getting married right now isn't the right timing. getting married doesn't fix anything."

"but you guys will be happy."

"but there's so many things i have to work out. we still have to graduate. my family still expects me to be the next head. when they find out i married satoru, which they will eventually, they'll probably disown me just because i went against their wishes. also, my father is totally against me having any feelings for satoru and probably wouldn't even approve of the marriage."

naoko placed her head in her hands just from the thought of everything that could possibly happen. "there's just too much for me to think about and marriage won't fix all of the problems." naoko sighed once again realizing all the problems she may face if they get married right now "plus we're super young, i just think it'll be rushed and i just want us to take our time."

"i'm not saying i would never want to marry him, just not right now."

shoko listened to her best friend spew out all her thoughts about the future and what could happen. she couldn't believe she thought about all of this, about marriage, at their age. "are we really the same age?"

"do you think it's wrong for me to turn him down? i'm scared i'll hurt him if i do." naoko had a lot on her plate right now, especially since shoko put the thought of her boyfriend potentially just attempting to 'fix' their problem by proposing to her. she hoped he thought more about this as she had.

"i think he'd understand. i mean he has to, right?" shoko hoped and so did naoko.

──────────────────────────

♡。༝☆.ᐟ 𝗞𝗢𝗝𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗔𝗔'𝗦 𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘
──── 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 !!

────