Chapter Eight ✩ Bad News

Start from the beginning

As they made it to the doors of the dormitory, Gojo stopped her from opening the door.

"Let's just act like whatever that was in the gym didn't happen, okay? It was nothing." Gojo stared staring down at Kanae averted her gaze.

She couldn't understand why she felt disappointed. Every moment he tried something, she pulled away. The moment she decided to give in, he pulled away. Now he wanted to act like it didn't happen. He should have never done it in the first place because now Kanae swore to herself, she was not going to entertain anything more between them.

"What are you talking about? Nothing happened at the gym." She raised an eyebrow at him earning a chuckle from him.

If he wanted nothing to happen, it wasn't going to happen. She didn't need things to be weird with anyone right now. She was new and she understood she would be close to these individuals for a long time, maybe even forever. One thing was for sure was that she needed to keep her distance from Gojo Satoru.

I hate this feeling in my chest when I'm around him. There is nothing Kanae. Nothing will ever come of this.

"Gojo you are going with Kurosawa on her first mission." Yaga Sensei spoke to him within the class. He handed him a paper explaining the details to which the white haired boy looked at it.

It was the next morning and class had already commenced. There was no sight of Kanae. When it came to class, Gojo was the one who found himself in class last. Maybe Kanae being late was finally going to get Yaga sensei off their back.

"What about Suguru?"

"He's on a mission with Shoko. They left shortly after our class."

Gojo sighed rolling his eyes. "So I'm left babysitting the new girl."

Yaga sharpened his eyes at Gojo who immediately pursed his lips. "I entrust her to you because you are apparently the closest to her. You know how she is combative and you two mesh well together. She's more comfortable near you."

"We literally hate each other." Gojo reminded Yaga.

All the moments of them going back and forth in the span of a few days honestly made him nod impressed. It was probably an all time high for him compared to him with any other person.

"Is that true?" He raised an eyebrow at his student. "I saw you two had entered the gym yesterday after class. You were in there for awhile. I don't think I could do that with someone I hate."

"W-Wait. What did you see?" Gojo gulped thinking about the intimate moment they shared. "Are there cameras?"

In that moment he had wanted so badly to kiss her, but refrained from it. If anyone saw that, they would know there was more between them. Kanae was new and from Gojo's assumed track record, it wasn't a good look.

"Outside the room. Why do you ask?" Yaga sensei questioned now completely aware that something unusual had happened.

Gojo regained his computer and smirked. "I mean I washed the floor with Kanae of course. She tried to use her cursed technique on me but I'm still better."

Yaga sensei nodded amused at the feat. "Good. That means you understand what you could be dealing with when it comes to her brother. I hope you understand he's on a different level. Don't think you won anything."