Chapter Seven ✩ Are you Happy?

Start from the beginning

Riko flashed in her mind remembering she hadn't spoke to her since the incident. She knew she had to, but didn't know what to say. She knew Riko wasn't dumb, but she didn't want to bring her into this life of sorcery.

She laid back completing her final workout. The leg raise hold. Oh how she despised it more than anything, but she was so close to finishing up. It was her first workout in probably the year.

She laid on her back, staring at the ceiling, holding her legs in the air at a forty-five degree angle. It was just a minute. A long ass minute. Time just loves to move slow when you want it to move fast.

"I'm surprised you're here." Gojo's face came into her line of sight.

Her fatigued expression shifted into an annoyed one. Her eyes shifted to her timer that had another thirty seconds on it, but now with Gojo watching her, those thirty seconds felt like the longest one's of her life.

"Are you really struggling with that? It's not that hard." Gojo was now hunched over her not breaking eye contact.

Of course it's not difficult for someone with a physique like you. We all can't be Gojo Satoru. Those words racked in her brain.

"Of course it's not that hard!" She smirked back at him as he looked back at the time. No matter how much she hadn't believed her own words, she would never admit to Gojo that. That would only stroke his ego.

Noticing the game she was playing at, he began to increase the tension. "Twenty seconds left! Nineteen...Eighteen...Seventeen—"

"Would you just shut up!" She croaked shutting her eyes tightly praying to hear the annoying beeping sound from the stopwatch. Every time she spoke, her abdomen felt like it was caving in.

Gojo began to laugh watching her legs tremble as time refused to move fast as it had the first thirty seconds. "You know it's okay to give up. I mean I could do these in my sleep, but I would understand if someone like you couldn't complete them. We aren't on the same level."

There was a surge of power within her that wanted to prove him wrong. "Are you trying to make me mad at you?"

The timer went off causing her to fall flat on the ground in pants.

"Well it worked, didn't it?" His eyes were vibrant. He was obviously proud of himself. Egging her on helped her to finish the set.

She refused to answer to him slowly sitting up and crossing her legs. Did he really just try to help her or was it a coincidence? Gojo still was very hard to read. All she knew for sure was that he was chaotic and unpredictable.

Her eyes wandered to his outfit. It had seemed he had mustered the courage to come to the gym, disregarding his ego and superiority complex. He wore a simple white tee with black gym shorts. A face towel slung around his neck tied off with this signature shades combing his hair back.

"Why are you here? I thought you were too good for the gym." Kanae forced her eyes off to the side. He did look pretty good in his fit. She still would never tell him that though.

Gojo plopped on the ground in front of her. "I am, but a new challenge has arisen."

It was interesting to see Kanae in this state. Her hair was placed back in a high ponytail with strands finding a way to cling to the sweat on her face. She had worn an oversized shirt to hide her figure with compression shorts that reached just above her knee.

She took a swig from her water bottle. Noticing her hair being messier than usual, warranted her to unravel her hair and fix her ponytail. He noticed the relief that washed over her face as she shook her hair.