Chapter 1

Woody gazed out the window from Bonnie's room. He ignored Rex's nervous fears behind him. He didn't often ignore Rex. Usually he was down there trying to calm his fears, but this time Woody wasn't sure of the answer, this time he wasn't feeling up to it. He eyed the 'Garage Sale' sign Bonnie was hammering to the ground. They had gotten lucky with Andy. He gave them away to someone young and imaginative and they were all together. Being sold at a garage sale wouldn't have been that bad, in his opinion, if only they were sold together. He felt bad about this. He knew that if he was still with Andy, being sold at a garage sale still would have been the worst possible thing ever...all together or not. Woody just didn't have the same connection with Bonnie as he did with Andy.

Woody turned his attention back to Bonnie, only to see she had left. Worried, he turned to face the room. "Everyone get back to the toy box! Quick!" he yelled, not knowing when Bonnie had left. He watched for only a second as the toys rushed back to the toy box, making sure they all heard him, before he jumped off the windowsill and climbed down the bookshelf. He went as quickly as he dared too. He jumped off the last shelf and onto the floor. He landed on his stomach.

Jessie came towards him. "Here," she said, reaching down to help him up.

"Thanks, Jessie." Woody straightened his hat on his head before pulling Jessie along to the toy box.

Buzz held the lid open for Woody and Jessie, closing it just as they heard the bedroom door open. Buzz's glow in the light suit was the only light they had. "That was a close call, Woody," Buzz pointed out in a whisper.

Woody ignored him. He didn't doubt Buzz knew the reason Woody's mind had been occupied. They've been close buds since their adventure at Sid's house years ago. Thinking back, Woody couldn't believe just how long ago that was. Buzz knew Woody well, almost better than anyone else. Woody focused his attention to the sound of Bonnie's footsteps instead. They seemed to have been getting closer to the toy box. "Everyone freeze." Woody placed his smile on his lips and froze.

The lid of the toy box opened and Bonnie appeared over them. She had grown since Andy gave his toys to her. Her once brown short hair was dyed to black and was down to her mid-back. Glasses now covered her brown eyes today. However, on other days she would wear color contacts; green, blue, or, on occasion like Halloween, red. She wore a dark red strapless shirt that showed off her rose tattoo on her upper arm that she got a year ago, much to her parents displeasure, and denim black short shorts that showed off her smooth, tan legs.

She reached into the toy box and picked up Trixie and placed her into one of the two boxes that sat in front of the toy box. She then reached in and Woody can only watch as Buzz was picked up and placed into the other box. Slinky was placed in the box with Buzz. Dolly was placed in the box with Trixie who was followed by Totoro. Woody kept an eye on which toy was placed in which box. By the time Woody was placed in the box with Buzz, Slinky, Jessie, Bullseye, Hamm, and Rex, he concluded that all of Andy's old toys were being separated with Bonnie's toys. Mr. Potato Head was placed in the box with them, so, were Mrs. Potato Head and the three aliens. Bonnie closed the lid of the box once all the toys were placed into a box.

"What do you think is happening?" Rex asked quietly once they heard Bonnie leave the room with the other box.

"We're going to the stupid garage sale. What did you think?" Mr. Potato Head snapped, glaring at the dinosaur.

"I don't think that's it," Slinky said. "You noticed we've been put into a different box then Bonnie's other toys? We all once belonged to Andy."

"Great. She's selling us and keeping her own toys," Mr. Potato Head mumbled.

"Woody, what do you think?" Hamm asked.

Woody froze when all eyes went on him. "Well...I'm guessing, one box is heading to the garage sale and the other is being donated."