"Hey, Cass!"

Nathan walked over to the two girls with a smile on his face. He looked towards the James' girl. "Haley."

Haley nodded. "Nathan."

She turned to her best friend. "Bye."

Cassie chuckled as the James' girl marched away.

"Are you coming to the game?" Nathan asked, a smile very present on his face.

Her face contorted. "I don't know, I don't feel like driving all that way to see the Pickerington Hicks."

Nathan raised up on his feet, a smirk growing. "You could drive all that was to see us beat the Pickerington Hicks."

Cassie giggled. "You sold me."

"Good."

***

"CASS!" A voice exclaimed from up the hall. Cassie, who's head was in-beaded into her phone, looked up with furrowed eyebrows. A smile automatically grew on her face when she caught Jake's eye.

"Hey, Jake." She beamed as the two met in the middle of the hallway. "Hey." He smiled back. "Are you coming to the game tonight?"

Cassie nodded. "Yup."

"Really?" He asked. "I thought it was going to take some convincing."

She sighed. "It did already, from Nathan."

Jake chuckled, but his brow arched slightly. "Well, good. I'm gonna need a good luck charm."

He winked before walking away.

Cassie's smile grew.

***

"YOU NEED to kiss him!" Lucas and Haley exclaimed.

Cassie's eyes widened, looking around the hall to hear if anyone heard the two. "Can you two shut up?!"

"Cass, he's into you." Haley firmly stated.

Cassie awkwardly crossed her arms. "We don't know that."

"I don't just go up to girls and tell them their my good luck charm." Lucas narrowed his eyes.

Cassie's eyes matched his. "That's because you don't go up to girls."

"Guys." Haley huffed. "Cass. This is the perfect time to make a move."

Cassie sighed. "I'm gonna think about it."

Lucas' lips drew into a line. "Well think soon because were leaving now."

Cassie sighed before following Lucas outside of the school. The other basketball players were filing out too.

Cassie caught the sight of the brunette boy a little ways ahead of her. "Jake!" She called out. His head turned, moving his headphones off of his ears. A dopey grin made its way onto his face. "Hey, Cass. You heading to the shuttle?"

𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓  ⎯⎯⎯  nathan scottजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें