𝐢𝐢. 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫

Start from the beginning

i bite my tongue as the door swings back at me, leaving me in the hallway. i guess this was my class then. i push the door open.

as soon as i'm inside, all eyes turn to me. i shrink into myself, wanting to take off toward the back of the class until the teacher speaks up. "good morning, miss y/l/n."

i don't respond, continuing to avoid eye contact with everyone. this was slightly humiliating.

"class, we have a new student. y/n." my humiliation worsens. "miss y/l/n, please have a seat by mister donohue."

i look up for a moment, thankfully seeing a raised hand. i could only hope that meant he was this mister donohue. i begrudgingly make my way over to the empty seat beside him, sinking into my chair.

"alright, class- you're going to be doing an essay."

the class groans convectively.

oh, god. an essay? i hadn't even been here a whole day and now i had to write an essay. i hate to say it again, but- so much for first impressions.

"you may choose your own topic, however you must work with a partner. together." she says sternly.

everyone waits with baited breath. i knew exactly what they were wondering.

the teacher sighs, "you may choose your own partner."

the class immediately begins chatting excitedly, searching for the partner as the teacher sighs.

the guy i knew as 'donohue' looks to his other side, speaking to presumably his friends. "darrin and i got dibs on the cheerleaders- good luck." i hear laughter and i roll my eyes.

i sink down further into my chair, wanting to spared from the humiliation of inevitably not having a partner and then getting stuck with whoever the teacher made take me.

"he-e-ey," axl cheers jokingly as he sits down in the seat next to me.

wait a minute, he didn't want to be my partner- did he? he didn't seem particularly nice, or fond of me earlier. i sigh as he asks the inevitable.

"wanna be partners?"

i narrow my eyes, "why?"

he looks at me like i'm an actual idiot, speaking with a voice that says duh. "uh- you're hot."

my expression drops immediately, changing to one of irritation, "pass." i slink down into my chair again. better to end up with a weirdo than a jerk.

"i'm joking, god," axl laughs it off easily, but i am not amused. "i mean, you are hot- but that's not why i wanna be partners with you!" he tries to defend himself, digging a deeper hole as he seems to contradict his own words.

i hesitate, keeping a look of judgment on my face. it doesn't last long though, as the bell seems to ring rather quickly.

a smirk makes it's way onto his face as he smacks the desk in front of him with his palms, "well, guess you're stuck with me."

"wha-"

he raises his eyebrows as if to say ha, slinging his bag over his shoulder and walking out of the classroom.
i sigh. i would have to ask the teacher to change it after school.

i get up, escorting myself out of the room. i head for my locker, which i thankfully already previously had found the location of. i sigh, irritated and grumbling the whole way.

i continue mumbling incoherently as i switch out my textbooks, shoving them into the locker and pulling out the ones i needed for second period. whatever that was.

"oh my gosh. you're new."

i turn my head on confusion, the excited voice i heard definitely matching the excited face in front of me.

"hi!" the overly excited girl waves at me with a strange laugh. "i'm sue."

my eyebrows furrow together at her odd behavior. "uh- y/n," i shut my locker, holding my books to my chest as i turn to her with slightly narrowed eyes.

"y/n! so cool," she giggles again, and i get progressively more weirded out. "what's your second period? do you know how to get there?"

i try to ignore how weird she's being at the opportunity of not being late to a class because i can't find it. "um, well, actually i don't. the guy that was supposed to show me around only showed me to my first class.." i trail off, looking at her awkwardly. "it's biology."

her smile grows as she claps her hands together and practically squeals. "that's my next class too! i'll show you where it is!"

why does this keep happening to me?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
💌
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

lunch had finally swung around, and now i had also ended up with a stupid assigned essay i had to do with sue. and as if this day couldn't get any better, i was currently being drug over to where sue wanted me to sit.

she pushes me down into a chair, taking one herself. her friends don't hesitate to initiate the conversation.

"o-m-g.. you are stunning."
i wanted to say thank you, but the massive smile on his face prevented the words from escaping my mouth.

"hey! i'm carly. what classes do you have left?"

"uh-" i think for a moment, still a little lost after being drug into this situation. "algebra, physics, and science."

"oh, i have science as last period too!" the boy seems a little less excited than sue was, but he still had a rather large grin on his face.

sue speaks with annoyance, "so does my brother." she looks at me, "don't worry, brad won't let him bother you."

brad nods at her words, agreeing. i sit there dumbfounded, not really sure why it mattered if her brother 'bothered' me. this entire situation was throwing me off. this happened way too fast, i needed to ground myself.

i glance around as sue continues to speak. i look at the table i'm sitting at, then turning around and looking at the other tables in the cafeteria. realization sets in when i turn back to my table.

i meant no hard feelings- sue, and her friends, seemed to be very nice people, but this was definitely the outcast table. the losers.

dear god, i had been lumped into the loser table on my very first day without a fight. this was it. at least they're nice people. i accepted my fate.

i was a loser.

💌

💌

1478 words.

💌