Chapter 16: witch-hunt

3rd person POV

They all prepared themselves mentally for this wild goose chase against the witch who they were still questioning the true identity.

When they felt like they were ready, they all turned their flashlights on as they opened the broken door that was falling to ruins by now after the years that passed.

The inside of the house was as dark as a black hole if it weren't for the flashlights. They took cautious step, trying to be as silent as possible so they wouldn't get caught.

Y/n: everyone, we should split up to look around inside the house, it'll be much quicker.

Embry: but what if something happens?

Y/n: trust me Embry, I won't let that happen to you. You'll be with Dr.D.Light, since he protects you the most. Ryo, you'll be with Ingram, for obvious reasons as he was the one to save you.

Ingram: but you'll be on your own, though!

Y/n: not an issue, I've dealt with a lot on my own so I can handle, and I'd rather have myself disappear instead of y'all.

Embry ran up to Y/n and hugged her tightly, tearing up.

Embry: you better stay safe! If I learn that something happened, I'll... I don't know what I'll do but I'll be mad at you!

Y/n: oh Embry, I promise i won't ever go out of your life, I love you too much for that...

After saying that, Y/n patted Embry's head and kissed their forehead, before finally splitting up to search over the place.

Ingram's POV

Damn it, why did this idiot want to split, does she not get how dangerous this is?? She doesn't know how Venna can be so how is she so sure of what she's doing? If something happens to her, I swear to god-

Ryo: Ingram! Hello?? Are you okay?

Ingram: huh? Oh, yeah I'm fine... sorry, just overthinking... I'm worried for Y/n.

Ryo: awww it's not often that you are worried! Glad to see you caring.

Ingram: Ryo, this is serious.

Ryo: sorry 🥲

Ingram: she has no idea what she's doing! Heck she's still a child!

Ryo: ahem... so am I, Ingram.

Ingram:... still!

Ryo: don't worry, I'm sure she'll handle this. At least, from what I heard from Embry, she is stronger than she looks.

Ingram: if you say so...

We cut the little talk short as we searched the kitchen and living room.

Embry's POV

Embry: I have a very bad feeling right now... what if something happens to her??

Dr.D.Light: Embry, I'm sure she's fine-

Embry: she should've at least asked for Nagito to come with us so she could explore with him!! I don't wanna lose her... we already don't even know if something happened to Embers, I don't wanna lose another person... if I lose her too, I think I might lose my mind and go insane...

Dr.D.Light: Embry-

Embry: what if she gets hurt? What if Venna catches her?? Heck, what if she becomes her next meal?!? What if-

Dr.D.Light: Embry!

I snapped out of my overthinking as I felt the Dr's hands on my shoulders, and I looked him in the eyes.

Dr.D.Light: hey, calm down!!Everything's gonna be okay! Trust her a little. And even if she does get caught, you know how she is! She'll fight back as much as possible! You said it yourself, she's stronger than she looks.

I stayed silent, processing what he was saying while trying to calm down.

Embry: ...you're right.... I should trust her and believe in her instead of doubting her. Let's keep searching

Y/n's POV

I went down the stairs to the basement, searching the dusty and old place. I fell on many potions and on recipes that mentioned... children... I even fell on papers about subjects with specific children that had went missing and fell on recipes that had their names in it.

Y/n: this is way too fucked up... I feel sick... god, what is this smell..??

I turned around and saw organs, human bones and bits of skin and flesh

Y/n: dear god...I'm gonna be sick...

I instantly threw up whatever I ate this morning and went as far away from this as I could, but taking a picture first for proof to stop this once and for all. I took pictures of the papers and the potions.

I walked further into the basement and I fell on a board that had a picture of... Embers??

Y/n: what the fuck?? Is that... what she plans on doing to Embers??

I looked at the papers explaining all the steps and seeing that she had been keeping an eye on Embers for a while now. I took a picture until I heard a sound behind me.

I turned around but saw nothing.

Y/n: who's there..?

Nothing answered.

Y/n: i know you're here, Venna! Go away!

I yelled so that the others would hear from here.

???: behind you~

Y/n: wha-

3rd person POV

A loud bang was heard from the basement as it rang throughout the whole house.

The others were instantly alarmed. They all reunited in the living room.

Embry: y'all heard what I heard..?

Ryo: yeah I heard...

Ingram: I fucking knew that this wasn't a good idea. She shouldn't have went alone.

Dr.D.Light: we need to go look for her right now.

Embry: please be alright...please...

And that's all for today!! Yep I'm back, sorry for the huge wait, I was really sick and troubled with high school and personal life! Anyways I hope y'all will like this chapter and I will try to post more when I don't have writer's block lol! Have a very good day/afternoon/evening/night! Make sure to have some rest! Don't forget to drink water and to eat! I love you all, my wonderful readers, y'all are awesome for your patience and support, it means a lot to me! Goodbye my lovely readers, and see you again soon! AUTHOR~CHAN OUT!!

1020 words, let's go, we're going up again!!