Just Hangin'

After a while Henry and I became friends. We hung out, had fun, talked, and I even became friends with his best friends, Charlotte and Jasper.

Eventually I'd been to his house a couple times. Sometimes to study. I became less shy with him. I was able to be myself.

I thought we were getting close. I knew lots of thing about him. Some thing not many people knew. He also knew things about me. I had told him about my father and also that my mother died saving me from being hit by a car. He knew about me living with my aunt. I think he was the olny person who was still living that knew this much about me...

*****

One day, while I was over, Henry decided to show me where he worked at his after school job. We walked there, talking and telling jokes.

When Henry opened the door, I was.... Speechless. There was lots of bizzar things. But I didn't have much time to look because Henry took me to the back, where there was an elevator.

"So... You work here?" I asked.

"Yyyyep." He said, pushing the button. The door opened and we stepped inside. He pushed the down button and the door closed.

"You might want to hold on to something..." He said. I was about to ask why, when the elevator went rocketing downwards. I screamed, falling on top of Henry. Somehow he ended on top of me.

When the door opened, we were both lying on the ground, him on top of me. We both quickly stood up. We both got out of the elevator.

"Hey Ray." Said Henry, waving to a man. He had brown hair and eyes, and he wore a red tee and blue jeans. He was sitting on a cool looking couch that was long and curved.

"Oh, hey Henry!" He said, standing up. His eyes fell on me. It was kinda weird, but this man looked oddly familiar.

"And who's your girlfriend here?" Rays asked.

"She's not my girlfriend! And this is Maya." He said. I shook Rays hand.

"Nice to meet you, Maya." He said.

"U-uh... Y-you too." I replied

Ray's P.O.V

I heard a girl scream come from the elevator. That meant Henry brought a girl... Great.

They came out and I teased him. The girl was actually quite pretty. She had long brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a blue hoodie and black leggings. She kinda reminded me of someone...

*****

We sat on the couch and got to know each other. I learned that Maya's dad died when she was very little and her mom was hit by a car a while ago.

It was weird. She looked and acted exactly like someone else I knew. She even had the same name...

After a while, my suspicions grew greater. I wondered.... Was it really her? Was it really my little girl?