"Really?" Mick thought about inching closer to her but decided not to push his luck.

Hestia looked over her shoulder, "yeah, really," she sent him a smile, "I will go prepare the sandwiches," as soon as she left, Mick let out a long exhale, cursing under his breath. This would be a long, long night.

Mick felt a bit awkward wandering around her house with a naked torso. Then his eyes fell on a blue scarf lying on the sofa. It wasn't much, but indeed a decent effort. He didn't even wonder what was it doing there since the summer was already knocking on the door quite violently.

"Oh no, not the scarf, Mickels," Hestia groaned when she turned around to put the plate on the table, "it's not done." Despite the first difficulties, Hestia found likeness in crocheting. She finally entered the phase when it was causing her more delight than agony.

"You made it? I thought it was from the shop," he looked down at the fabric that not only looked smooth but also felt smooth, "but why a scarf? It's June."

Hestia shrugged, "I thought that if I start in summer, I will have it finished by the time winter starts."

"But it seems finished to me..."

"It almost is," Hestia kept looking at Mick with the scarf around his neck, the azure shade beautifully complimenting the blue in his eyes, "actually, you can keep it for now. I want to see what it looks like on a person. If it's not too short or long."

Then, she grabbed one sandwich, and Mick did the same, "I kinda like that you are helping me explore American culture."

"Actually, this is originally from Canada."

Mick's hand stopped midway, "is it?" Hestia nodded her head, stifling a laugh, "you Americans are such deceivers and dream crushers."

"I know, right? Actors by heart."

The silence fell between them as they peacefully enjoyed their meal, "have you heard that the cultural center-"

"Will be reopened?" Hestia didn't let him finish, a mischievous grin playing upon her lips, "yes, I know about that."

"I wonder how-"

"Did it happen?" Hestia stepped in again, "well, me happened." Mick's eyebrows furrowed, giving her a green flag to explain the masterplan worth a true mastermind. How she connected with the locals and let their voices be heard by the mayor himself. How the cells and threads came together in a beautiful pattern, "there will be a concert on August 16,

my birthday, actually, in honor of reopening the center. I'm in charge of the program," she pointed at a piece of paper that was lying on the table, "so if you want to show off some of your secret talents, let me know," she winked at him.

"Will you be performing too?" Mick asked curiously. As much as he adored the locals with his whole heart, he would much rather attend Hestia's concert. She had the ability to bring such depth and authenticity to the songs, giving them extra value. He could listen to her the rest of his life, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.

"That's a secret for now-MICK!" Hestia yelped when Mick took the paper with her notes to snoop around, "give it back!" She reached out for the paper but Mick turned around, his eyes scanning the scribble on white. He had a hard time unscrambling the da Vinci code, which Hestia's handwriting was.

But soon, his cheeky grin faded out, "why is Genevieve on the list?" He looked over at Hestia, the glint in his eyes nowhere to be seen. He handed the paper over.

"Have you heard her sing? " Hestia answered his question with another question, "she has gold in her throat. Plus, she wants to perform...I'm not super happy about it either, but I can't cross her out because we have personal issues with her. It would actually be a big shame. However, to answer your question, yes, I will be singing," as soon as she said it, Mick immediately forgot about Genevieve, "with a children's choir. I call them little devils, but they are actually super sweet and talented," she glanced at the paper, "it's a great responsibility, yet so much fun."