Chapter 9. Halloween

Wednesday morning, Priscilla woke up to the ringing of her usual six-thirty a

Wednesday morning, Priscilla woke up to the ringing of her usual six-thirty a.m. alarm. Turning over on her side, she reached over and turned off the alarm. After running a hand through her beautiful brunette hair, she sat up in the bed, stretched and yawned.

Getting out of bed, she turned on her radio, made her bed, and hummed along to the music, as she headed to the closet and pulled her outfit for the day, which consisted of a plain red short sleeve v-neck tee shirt and a black undershirt and some blue jeans. Just as she was about to close the closet door, her eyes landed on the blue leather jacket that hung next to her denim jacket. She grabbed it and laid it on the bed along with her clothing. After she was dressed for the day, she spritzed on a little bit of perfume, then grabbed her backpack and walked down the hall.

"Morning you two." Priscilla smiled as she walked into the kitchen and served herself a glass of orange juice.

"Hey sweetheart." Freya smiled as she sipped her coffee. "Want some breakfast?"

"No thanks." Priscilla smiled as she joined her aunt and uncle at the table. "Bobby will be here soon."

Elijah sipped his coffee, and closed the newspaper. "You two going out again tonight?"

Priscilla nodded as she set her orange juice glass down. "Yes, we have the Halloween dance. I'm helping Ali set up for it after school, so I won't be home right away."

"I remember hearing you and Ali discussing a Halloween dance when she was over the other day. Have you decided what you're going as?" Freya asked as she sipped her coffee

"Probably a princess." Priscilla said. "Ali and I went shopping for costumes but I didn't see one that really stood out to me. Mom had this beautiful burgundy dress."

"I remember." Freya smiled. "She looked stunning in that dress, and so will you."

"Thanks." Priscilla smiled

"So, how are you and Bobby doing? He's still treating you okay?" Elijah asked

"Everything's great, uncle Elijah. He still apologizes for what happened, even though I reassure him it's in the past. I know you didn't approve at first, but—"

"Priscilla, it's not that I didn't approve, it's just, when I saw how badly that boy hurt you, I had a fear he was going to do it again. But this is your life and I'm not going to get involved unless I have to." Elijah said. "But your aunt Freya and I trust you're going to make the right decisions."

"Thanks uncle Elijah." Priscilla smiled, then the sound of a motorcycle was heard. "Well, there's my ride. I'll see you both after school."

"Alright honey." Freya smiled. "Love you, have the best day."

"Love you sweetheart." Elijah smiled

"Love you both too." Priscilla smiled

The brunette walked into the living room, grabbed her backpack, and walked out the door, where she found a smiling Bobby, standing by his motorcycle waiting for her.