O. LET THE LIGHT IN.

Zacznij od początku

   Lorelai narrowed her eyes at her bestfriend mocking her as she held up her finger. "Unique."  She said again with narrowed eyes.

   "Stupid!"  Belly argued back.

   Lorelai childishly stomped her foot and ignored the amused smirk making its way onto Belly's face.  Pushing the hair away from her face Lorelai scanned the crowd until she found a familiar face.  In the far corner she saw the all too familiar head decorated with dirty blonde curls.  A tanned arm reaching over someone to hold them against the wall the same old smile on his face as he talked her up.

   She paused at that and couldn't help the way her lips pursed.  She felt frozen watching him.  Belly followed her gaze confused until she realized what Lorelai was looking at.  Frowning Belly could only imagine what Lorelai was feeling.  If anyone would know—  it was Belly. The Fisher boys were always something.

   Belly tightened her grip around Lorelai's hand and pulled her attention away from Jeremiah Fisher.  "We better go now if you want to swim!"  Her whole face lit up as she smiled something Lorelai loved about her.

   Lorelai nodded at her and copied Belly's actions of sneaking through the doors.  She tried forgetting about Jeremiah and that girl because quite frankly it didn't really matter.  Every party there was a different person and his relationships only cycled to about six months and almost never lasted to the summer.  Jeremiah was a player and he got around—  and if it wasn't for Lorelai's moral compass she would've slut shamed him  (  but! she didn't believe in things like that. . . )  It hurt to see him with other people but she always told herself that it didn't mean anything because if it did ,  Lorelai didn't want to know how bad that would hurt her.

   She spent her summers loving Jeremiah Fisher.  He was everything someone could want but all in the same it made her so angryHe was so boyfriendcoded that it physically made her chest tighten and burn at the thought of him being her boyfriend.  Jeremiah was funny and he was caring he knew how to be patient and he knew how to make all the bad things in life seem small and make light out of it.  He was the embodiment of sunlight.

   And Lorelai hated it.

   She hated his stupid white teeth. His stupid tan skin.  His stupid blonde hair.  And even more so his big stupid heart.  Jeremiah had a heart so big that he'd always care about someone or something more than himself.  He would always be the happy sunshine boy if that meant someone in the darkness could be brought to light—  even if he wasn't feeling all that sunny. 

   "You should tell him how you feel."  Belly told the blonde girl lightly using her arms to keep her above the water.

   The moonlight shined down on the two of them as waves crashed against eachother it was quiet and peaceful.  Lorelai didn't care about all the people partying it up in her house doing things only God could know about.  She didn't care about the big party thrown for her or all the gifts people had brought. . . Nothing could make her happier than how she felt right now swimming like nothing else mattered with her bestfriend. 

   "No I shouldn't."  Lorelai shook her head.

   "Oh come on!"  Belly splashed her lightly.  "Why not? You're not getting any younger!"