𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐇𝐈𝐌 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊!

Start from the beginning

In fact , the only person that ever had anything bad to say about the golden haired teen was Lorelai Suttonthe girl across the bay.

Lorelai Sutton was an OG Cousins resident who'd had been forced to grow up along side the Fisher/Conklin family. Her mother was friends , well best friends with Susannah. The two had met when Susannah had first bought the house and Lorelai had been nothing but a bare face baby with the prettiest crystal eyes. Being just across the bay from them , whenever the summer came the trio of girlfriends were home once more and in turn forced Lorelai to become Belly's summer friend.

Lorelai liked Belly. They were girls together , how could she not? Pubery hit them together , their crushes on the Fisher boys hit them together. And while Conrad was Belly's moon and starsJeremiah was Lorelai's sun and sky. Yet both brothers were obliviously ignorant , and the two girls were pathetically in love. Though Lorelaid outgrew that stupid , little girl crush while Belly didn't.

( Hint: No , Lorelai didn't. )

She was tired of Jeremiah's treatment towards her. The way he was hot and cold , the way he pranced girls and boys around the summer house like they were going out of stylea glimmering smile on his face as he did so. His eyes always twinkling in Lorelai's direction , watching how her cheeks would turn red and her chest would puff up. Jealously painting her the greeneyed monster that he secretly adored.

By the time they were fourteen , Lorelai picked up on the game Jeremiah was playing at. Each time he'd come around with another one , arm in arm , he'd look at her with his eyebrows raised waiting to see if she'd finally crack. She never did.

Not until she turned sixteen. The summer before the one she was absolutely dreading , despite being excited to see Belly and Stevenalong with Conrad but the two hadn't really talked much like she did with the others. . .

When Lorelai turned sixteen her parents allowed her to throw this big party. They had went over to Laurel and Susannah's for the night , saying that "if it's out of sight , it's out of mind." It wasn't the biggest party out there but it was pretty big. Belly and Jeremiah had teamed up to make it the best Sweet Sixteen ever and they had succeeded with a cute little Western theme in irony because Lorelai loathed country music , somehow even managed to have beer which Lorelai never questioned how because she was too afraid of the answer.

Lorelai remembered that night vividly. Her Sweet Sixteen. Blowing out her candles , swimming in the baythen at the beach. She remembered the taste of her vodkacran and the shots she had downed. She remembered the feeling of Jeremiah Fisher's hands on her , how he kissed her and the words he told her.

She remembered feeling as though she was on fire that night. Lorelai hadn't smoked a thing but she felt high on lifecloud nine. Everything felt intensified times ten. The passion , the tension , the confession all in the same. It had been one of the most exhilarating times in her life , one that every teenage girl wished to experience.

But it was tainted by the morning that haunted her. The way she had woken up with a splitting headache and her bed emptynot a sign that Jeremiah had even been there. There hadn't even been a note! Nothing. It was like he wasn't even there.

Lorelai had marched to that summer house and prepared to demand to know what his problem was. To know if he regretted it , why'd he slept with her to begin with if he hadn't cared. But once she got there , someone else was already there and that's when she had learned that just moments before him slipping into her bedroom with herhe had already asked out Alec Hall , a boy he was planning on working with the following summer.