2: Growing Pains

Hey,  Everyone Here is another posting .... I hope you like it ..... its un-edited like always

===============================================================

16 years old

My body slammed hard into the ground as Jake irritated voice yelled down at me. “ AGAIN, CASSI……,” I laid on my back as stared up into Jake’s angry face. I sighed as dragged myself up to my feet and got back into my fighting stance.

He snapped at me,“Cassi, what’s the matter with you…You’re not focusing…. It’s like you’re not even here today. If you’re not in the mood to train then leave NOW!!!!”

I responded by growling at him,“ Look Jake I know I’m distracted today but that is no reason to be an ass about it.” Jake rolled his tense shoulders as charged me with his big hulking body.  Jake was 6’5 and 230 pound of rock hard muscle, and fighting him was no joke.  His long arms reached out and curled around my small waist as he scooped me up and slammed me onto the ground.

“Omphhhh” noise escaped my lips as I hit the mat and I growled in anger. My eyes flashing an eerie stormy grey as the blood started pumping through my veins. Jake had me pinned to the ground and was crushing me to the ground with his massive body, but somehow I managed to kick a leg free. I lift my leg high in the air and wrapped my around his back.  I arched my hips so I could slam my leg in a downward kick so hitting the side of his back. The heel of my shoe slammed in his rib cage, so he countered my move pressing the weight of his body down harder crushing me into the mat. With that move, it drove me to kick him even harder and faster. Jake struggled to regain control but my attack was so aggressive that the only the thing that stopped me was the sickening cracking sound of bones braking. Jake groaned as I rolled over onto his back and his hips and grabbed a hand full of his tank top.

He breathing was labored as I sat on top of him. “Damn it, Cassi did you have to brake my ribs?”

I answered Jake by picking by the shirt and slamming him hard against the mat. “What is your problem Jake? You are being a dick today.” I said in Alpha tone.

Jake whimpered as his eyes widen in fear as he laid back into the mat. Jake knew he crossed the line earlier and He covered his face with one of his powerful forearms in embarrassment.

“Cassi, I’m sorry I got some bad news, but you probably already know since you’re the next Alpha.” I rolled off him so I could lie next to him on the mat.

He looked at me closely before speaking and in a sad voice, “You already know don’t you?”I answered his question with a quiet nod. Jake was Troy’s first born and that made him next to in line to be Beta.  I knew one day Jake would be my Beta, that is until recent changes.

“Ummm.. Yeah I know Jake but my parents didn’t want me to say anything until they got Council approval.” My parents were worried about my little brother Nikko.  Our family was unlike any other family in the wolf community, and it wasn’t just because we were Pure Bloods. It was because Nikko and I would both hold Alpha position’s to our family’s packs. I would lead Dark Luna as the Cruz heir and Nikko as the Baldr would lead Kamau Moon.

“Cassi, I just don’t understand why I can’t be your Beta? I have been training for this my whole life. Don’t get me wrong I adore your little brother, but I’m just used to you and your moods.”

I gasped and tried to sound offended, “My moods… how dare you.” We both broke out laughing, but I understood what he was trying to say that a Beta and Alpha relationship created a special bond. They balanced each other and that was the point he was trying to express. I knew that if I wanted things to be right for everyone that I better explain the reasons for the change.