19.

"She's not going!" Declan protested, raising his voice as he stood at Leila's side with Kylo. "He said he would fucking kill her. She shouldn't go anywhere near Birmingham."

"Silas won't do shit," Theo snapped, taking Scarlet by surprise as she shot him a warning glare.

"Theo's right," Enz said. "Silas won't hurt Leila if we are all there."

Leila sighed, placing a hand on Declan's arm and Scarlet noticed his eyes soften as he looked down at her. "I can't let him win," she said softly to him. "If I don't face him again then he wins. I promised myself that I would never let a man hold power over me, again. I'll be okay, Deezy."

Declan stared at her for a long moment, looking as if he was battling within himself before sighing. "I know you'll be okay. I just get worried about you," he admitted to her, and Scarlet hid her smile at their friendship.

"Then it's sorted," Scarlet said, standing up from the couch. "We go to Birmingham tonight. Sort this shit out between Silas and Leila and then I race him."

"You aren't racing him," Blade cut in, taking Scarlet's attention away from Declan and Leila to look at him. "Silas races dirty and everyone knows it which is exactly why none of us have raced him."

"Well, I'm different," Scarlet confidently said, sending him a wink. "If Silas wants to race dirty, then let him but I doubt he'll win against me."

"No, Scarlet." Blade stood up, not a sign of amusement on his face or in his tone which made Scarlet feel slightly uneasy by how serious he was. He even said her first name which he rarely did. "Every race against Silas has ended badly. Either injured or even worse."

"He's not lying," Leila said, backing him up. "I've seen the things Silas does to win. I even helped him a few times," she quietly admitted with regret in her eyes as Declan wrapped an arm over her shoulder, pulling her closer to him for comfort.

"Apparently someone died in a car crash a few weeks ago while racing him," Kylo informed all of them. "It was written off as an accident, but rumor has it that the dude's breaks were cut."

"Fucking hell," Scarlet mumbled as Theo shook his head, looking at only her. "Fine. I won't race him."

"You won't, but I will."

Scarlet whirled around on her heels faster than lightning to see Mattheo Riddle leaning against the door with a grin on his lips.

"Where the hell have you been?" Enz questioned him. "You disappeared, motherfucker."

Mattheo ignored him, keeping his eyes on Scarlet as a smile broke out on her face and she walked over to him, throwing her arms around him as she pulled him into a hug and he chuckled, hugging her back.

"We didn't know where you went," Scarlet quietly said and then pulled away, punching him in the arm.

"Ow!" Mattheo hissed, grabbing his arm. "What was that for?"

"You fucked off without a word," Scarlet bitterly said, taking a step back.

Mattheo arched a brow, that grin back on his face. "It seems you lot did the same. I returned to Hogwarts only to find out that you all left five minutes before I got back."

"How pissed was Dumbledore?" Theo asked him.

Mattheo chuckled, looking around at all of them with amusement. "Snape wanted you all expelled but it seems McGonagall has a soft spot. She managed to persuade Dumbledore into only giving you detentions."

"See, old people love me," Scarlet teased as she sat back down on the couch.

"Yeah, old men do," Drae joked, making Enz and Kylo laugh.