Ch 12 | The First Day

Comenzar desde el principio

Sebastian's appearance caused a stir among the seventh years. Most had witnessed his arrest that day of the battle, but most only heard the rumor about it.

Sebastian, however, ignored the stares and whispers, keeping his darkening eyes low as he simply walked toward the seat with Ominis and sat down.

I wish I could've minded my business, but it was nearly impossible. My eyes tried their best not to glance at Sebastian every chance I got, but when he was there, doing absolutely nothing, it worried me.

It was like, he was there, but not there.

"Have you seen his eyes? That doesn't seem like a look of an innocent."

"I heard he has killed multiple people."

"Have you seen his wrist? It might have the Azkaban number."

I felt awful. I knew that if I was capable of hearing these sentences out of the less unfortunate students, Sebastian could too.

Sebastian didn't speak much. There were a few words exchanged with Ominis and Amit, but he was still adjusting.

"Thank you, Professor Hecat, I'll keep that in mind." His voice sounded smooth after class.

I wanted to go after him. Walk with him. Protect him from any harm, but when I stood outside the DADA class with books in my hands, Sebastian just passed me, making my presence non-existent.

I breathed it in, toughing it up and not letting it get to me. Was it getting to me? Yes, but I proceeded to make my way to Charms.

Fifth Year

I walked smoothly around the corridors of the Defense Against the Dark Arts tower.

I should've been glad I even had the time to still wake up for class considering Ranrok Loyalists were busting me to the core lately.

As I yawned going up the stairs toward the corridors, there was a motion of unexpected actions that caused me to almost trip in sight.

The arm snatched me rapidly and before I knew it, I stumbled upon a rough secretive room; almost like a closet.

"Ow—bloody hell, Sebastian?" I breathed out, confronting the cause of all this.

Sebastian Sallow stood closely against me inside the dark space, the minty breath of his chewable gum waving through me on how tight the room really was.

"Weasley knows I fancy Isabel." He whispered.

"What?"

"I have no clue how he found out, but this might escalate things," Sebastian spoke to me, almost as if he was about to say nonsense.

I blinked, trying not to lose his eyes in that darkness.

"Escalate? I am unsure what you—"

"Weasley is competition. I know him. The bloke has been the most competitive since the first year. In class, potions, quidditch...girls."

I nodded, "Alright, uh, w-what is this supposed to mean? Do you think he'll tell Isabel?"

"No, but he's going to want to play games with me. Trust me." Sebastian said in annoyance.

"Games?"

"Yes, Y/n," Sebastian stared at me almost like I was dumb, but then softened his look, "I mean...he's going to want to get close to Isabel to pinpoint me because he thinks I fancy her."