The Sauna Test

Depuis le début

**

After about an hour later, Robin comes back. "It is fascinating what twenty bucks will get you at the County Recorder's Office." She smiles as she lays giant blueprints down on the table. "Starcourt Mall. The complete blueprints."

"Not bad." Dustin smiles up at her.

"So, this is us, Scoops." Robin points at our spot on the map. "And this is where we want to get." She says point to another spot on the other side of the mall.

"I don't really see a way in." Steve says looking down at the map.

"There's not, if you're talking exclusively about doors." Robin says pulling the top sheet away, showing the ventilation system blueprint. 

"Air ducts." I speak up, looking at Robin.

"Exactly." She says. "Turns out, this secret room needs air just like any old room." Robin says as she moves to grab a marker from the translation board. She quickly walks back to the table, marking the blueprint. "And these air ducts, lead all the way..." she says making a red line from one point to the other. "Here." Robin finishes as she circles Scoops.

The four of us then look up at the air duct and then Steve gets up and goes into the back hallway. Soon enough, he comes back with a ladder and puts it under the air duct. He steps up to the top step, "Screwdriver." he says holding out his hand. 

I stand next to him and pass him the screwdriver. "Here you go." 

"Thanks." He winks at me as he takes the screwdriver. Steve unscrews the screws and hands them to me, which I then hand to Dustin. Steve pulls the vent out of the wall and drops it down on the ground as he places the screwdriver in his mouth. "Flashlight." He says, barely audible.

Robin hands me the flashlight and I pass it over to Steve, who then winks at me again, taking the flashlight, swapping it with the screwdriver. 

"Gross. There's slobber all over this." Dustin says once I hand him the screw driver. 

"Weanie." I call Dustin, turning my attention back to Steve, who is now looking into the air duct.

"Says you, you're used to swapping spit with him." Dustin mumbles, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Yeah, I don't know, man. I don't know if you can fit in here. It's, like... super tight."

"That's what he said." Robin mumbles from behind me.

"Robin." I quietly scold her as I hold back my laugh. 

"What?" She shrugs her shoulders and begins to slightly chuckle.

Shaking my head, I turn my attention back to my boyfriend and brother. 

"No collar bones, remember?" Dustin says taking the flashlight from Steve as he steps off the ladder. 

"Uh, excuse me?" Robin asks baffled.

"Oh, he's uh... Yeah he's got some disease." Steve says as Dustin begins to climb the ladder. "Chry, uh... It's chrydo, um..."

"Cleidocranial dysplasia, it's a birth defect, not a disease." I correct Steve, looking at Robin.

"He's missing bones and stuff. He can bend like Gumbo."

"You mean Gumby." Robin corrects Steve.

"I'm pretty sure it's Gumbo." 

"It's Gumby. Gumbo is something you eat." I correct Steve again.

"Okay, Steve just shut up and push me!" Dustin says as he's halfway into the air duct.

"Okay." Steve says and steps on the bottom step of the ladder. "I'll push ya." He says grabbing Dustins feet.