Chapter 5. An Invitation

The soft tune of Joni Mitchell's A Case of You played as Priscilla sat at the kitchen table working on her English homework, while Freya stood at the stove making dinner

The soft tune of Joni Mitchell's A Case of You played as Priscilla sat at the kitchen table working on her English homework, while Freya stood at the stove making dinner. "How was it, meeting Bobby's friends?" Freya asked as she put the lid over the skillet for the dinner to simmer

Priscilla smiled as she sipped her cherry water, then set her glass down, and turned around to face her aunt. "It went better than I thought it would. I sat with them at lunch today, and I guess I misjudged them all."

Freya poured herself a glass of wine, then joined her niece at the table. "That happens sometimes sweetpea, I assume they treated you with respect?"

"Yeah, they were all great. There's one, Dutch, he's really funny, in a doesn't think before he speaks kind of way. He has bleached blonde hair. I've never seen that before, except on Billy Idol." Priscilla said. "Also, he falls asleep in English class eight seconds after the bell rings."

Freya shook her head and chuckled. "Your uncle Elijah will never admit to it, but he did the same thing in high school, Mrs. Waterson was our history teacher, and he hated the class."

"Do I even want to know?" Priscilla chuckled.

Freya chuckled as she shook her head. "Probably not."

As Priscilla finished her homework, and Freya stood up to finish dinner, the phone rang. "Hello?" Freya answered

"Hi Freya, it's Bobby. Is Priscilla there?" Bobby asked on the other line, trying to keep his voice from cracking from complete nervousness

Freya smiled as she set her wine glass down. "Oh, hello, Bobby. Yes she is, hold on one second." she said as she pulled the phone away from her ear and covered the mouthpiece with her hand, "Priscilla, it's for you."

Priscilla stood up, and walked to the living room, and sat on the couch, picked up the reciever, and answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Hey." Bobby smiled

Priscilla smiled as she ran a hand through her brunette hair. "Hey you. How was karate practice?"

"It was brutal, sensei's really coming down on us, pretty hard. Especially Johnny, since he won last year, he's expecting him to win this year." Bobby said

Priscilla just shook her head. "No, I think it's someone else's turn to win." she smiled

"Yeah, probably Tommy or Dutch." Bobby said.

"Actually, I was talking about you." Priscilla chuckled. "You obviously have it in you, and you're committed to it, so why not?"

"No, Johnny's his best student. I'm his second best." Bobby said

"Well, it doesn't matter who's the best, or who's second best, but what do I know, I'm not a karate person, or whatever you call it." Priscilla laughed. "I'm just here to listen and make you feel better."