CHAPTER 1

It was a Friday morning, I got ready for school as usual packed my books and run out of room. ‘Bye mom bye dad see you after school’ I said to them as I passed by the kitchen, but surprise I got no response. I didn’t think about too much and got onto the bus.as I walked down the hall, Mary and Sasha, my best friends jump in front of me. ‘We are going to have the best weekend ever’ said Mary, ‘do you have everything you need’ Sasha asked me ‘yes I do ‘I answered.
As we chatted along the principal stopped us and looked directly at me and said ‘may I see you in my office’. We looked at each other confused and I followed him to his office, as I sat down I asked if anything was wrong. He said ‘there is no problem your parents called you’re getting transferred. The moment whose words came out my mind went blank, before I could comprehend what he just said, he continued telling me am leaving today and my parents are on their way to pick me up.
As I left his office, I tried thinking of a reason on why am suddenly being transferred. Upon reaching my locker to pack my things, Sasha and Mary walked up to me asking what happened. As I explained what I was told by the principal, they both laughed thinking it’s a joke, upon seeing the expression on my face they realized it was true. Tears streamed down they faces as the hugged me telling me to stay, saying goodbye was the hardest.
As we left school grounds, I questioned my parents on why am being transferred out of the blue. Mom sighed telling dad’ I think it’s time to tell her the truth’, ‘what truth?’ I asked. She turned to me and said ‘look into my eyes ‘, I did as I was told, her eyes changed to different shades of colours. I quickly looked away and asked what’s going on. As I turned to dad for an answer, I saw no one in the driver’s seat, I started panicking.
After a few minutes of mom trying to calm me down, she said ‘that’s enough you are scaring her’ as soon as she said that dad appeared. I felt like jumping out of the car thinking they are not my parents, then dad spoke up ‘we all have a certain ability, mine is invincibility and your mother can change her eye colour’. Before I could say anything, mom said ‘I know you have a lot of questions but you will know more from your brothers’. As soon as she said that I knew where I was being transferred to.