Chapter 31: Gwanda

En başından başla

He felt as if his brain would combust. Her arms were gripped firmly onto his shoulders as he cautiously brought his up to settle on her waist.

Gwen went to pull back, but Miles couldn't let her- not now that it finally registered in his mind that Gwen Stacy was kissing him! He pulled her closer and he felt her smile against his lips as her hands snaked up resting behind his neck. He lifted a hand, gently tangling his fingers into the sopping wet, flaxen strands that he had so badly wanted to brush out of her face.

Gwen Stacy was kissing him. Holy crap! He was kissing her!

Finally, they pulled away. Gwen smiled bashfully at him, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. He had never seen her nervous before and the boy couldn't help the dopey grin that spread across his face.

"I like you too," a mirthful laugh, buffed out of her throat. She smiled brightly up at him, "You're such a dork and..." her features softened, "I... really like you."

Miles couldn't recall ever smiling so wide. This felt like a dread that he'd wake up from at any moment.

"Well, that was something."

A voice startled the two enough to make them both jump. The pair spun around to find a smug-looking Peter B. Parker.

Miles felt a heat rise to his cheeks and he cast a glance at Gwen to find her having suddenly finding a great interest in the ground. A light pink had dusted her cheeks.

Miles grinned, suppressing the urge to jump up and down. He'd never seen her blush before either.

"Peni found some core power source or something so she sent me to get you," he rose a brow, jokingly, "Glad I came when I did."

"Shut up, Peter," Gwen grumbled, sliding a hand down her face. It was clearly to hide her embarrassment. "Just bring us to her."

Peter smirked as he turned on his heel and waved for them to follow. They walked in silence for a bit before Peter began rambling to himself, "I knew it. I knew it! It was so totally obvious!" He pumped his fist in the air as he cheered, "Noir, Peni, and Hammy each owe me twenty bucks. In their faces!"

Miles and Gwen share a look. She looked nervous at first, but when he smiled at her, her features softened.

A moment later they turned a corner a shock overtook Miles's features as he took in the sight. Peni stood beside her Sp//dr mech as she motion them over toward a large glowing generator that was shielded behind a glass dome. The device seemed to be made up of pattern of metal hexagons with blue electricity glowing beneath the surface. Sparks raced across it's surface, the glass dome protecting anything nearby from likely being blown to bits.

"That's what powers the city? It looks like it'll easily combust!"

"Hey guys," Peni greeted as she gently placed a hand of Sp//dr's face plate. The machine's display changed to that of a smile as it cuddled into her touch. "You ready, Miles?"

Miles gulped and let let out a breath. Though he never got the chance to speak because Peter jumped in.

"You owe me twenty!"

Peni seemed confused for a second, before shock overtook her face. She then grinned widely as her eyes darted between Miles and Gwen. "No freaking way!" she all but screeched.

Miles heard a groaned and turned to find Gwen with her head in her hands. He understood her, because he was really considering disappearing right now.

"Can we please focus?" Miles pleaded. Peni hand were shaking and she was practically jumping up and down with excitement.