Ch 7 | First Tension

Start from the beginning

I wanted to ignore her, but I turned slowly to my left, feeling my once sleepy eyes grow a bit in size at the sight.

The red curls hung over his side as he leaned on the solo table in the corner of the library with a book in hand. His body was so tall, he made the chair he sat in look like a children's one.

I gulped, turning back to my book and shrugging.

"What about it?" I let out, unfazed at the sight.

"What about it?" Lenora almost increased her whisper into her normal voice, "Did you not fancy him fifth year? You know before Seb—"

"Please, don't mention his name right now, Lenora." I warned in honesty.

Lenora nodded, "Right, sorry....I was just...I heard him and Isabel Prewett broke up."

I was well aware of the breakup confirmation. I knew Isabel Prewett would've never let Garreth Weasley conjure a conversation with me, even for help ever again unless they were no longer together.

"That sucks," I whispered.

"And I saw him eye you right now before you doze off." Lenora whispered.

"Yeah, and he's going to eye us again if you keep talking louder." I whispered to her, my book against my chest.

"Oh, please," Lenora let out, "Garreth Weasley never studies. Let alone, in the library. This is your chance, Y/n."

I didn't know whether to laugh or scoff at Lenora's words. Did she know what happened fifth year? Did she not see the outcomes of sixth year?

I sighed, looking back to my left, and watched Garreth Weasley sit there in a lazy motion in the distance.

Fifth Year

My eyes examined the thousands of books in my view. My wand slowly scanned the bookcases one by one trying to find the book Professor Fig recommended.

Within my search, a familiar laugh caught my attention and a soft gasp escaped from me at the recognition.

Sneakily, I walked toward the end of the bookcase and peaked over the heart of the library where the noise came from.

Garreth Weasley sat nicely over the middle table of the library. His arms were crossed while his white sleeves were rolled up. The red hairs were messy from post-quidditch practice and the contagious smile stood on him.

In front of him stood Isabel Prewett and my smile faded.

I only saw the back of her dark red hairs wave around as they both lost concentration in their study session and spoke in whispers.

"Enjoying the view?"

I gasped, turning around quickly from the heavy whisper near me, and confronted the student who was right behind me.

Sebastian Sallow smirked to himself at the scare and peaked his head at the view in front of us.

"Sebastian? What are you doing here?" I whispered loudly, "Were you following me?"

Sebastian shrugged, "I was roaming around. I'm always here, near the Restricted Section...you know that." He reminded.

He was right, but I so focus on the students in the distance, that I couldn't think straight.

"Right, right," I nodded.

Sebastian nodded, "Right..." his face peaked over again behind me and the cocky smile of his never left.