꧁Chapter four꧂

Dextian and Addison finished up their breakfast, and she collects the dishes and places them in the dishwasher. "I'll grab my purse, and we can head out." Dextian nodded at Addison, and she went to her room and collected what she needed.

Her purse wasn't too big, but it was a nice long strapped bag that had a big body to hold things. It fit her personality and she loved it, used it everywhere she went. It was a dark brown leather shoulder bag with leather fringe hanging off the side of it. The strap was not too thick, but it was durable. And it had gold buttons trailing the rim of the lip that sits over the bag as a lid.

 And it had gold buttons trailing the rim of the lip that sits over the bag as a lid

"Alright, we can go. My car is in the garage." Addison says as she walks out of her room and into the kitchen and finds Dextian eating one of her honey crisp apples that she had hidden in her fridge. She had a bewilderment expression on her face. "How did you find that? I had those hidden." Addison questions as she sighs and smiles a chuckle.

"Sorry, I found them looking for a snack to munch on." Dextian replied as he gave an innocent expression. She shakes her head slightly as she grips her strap and rests the muscles in her arm.

"Didn't you just make us breakfast?" Addison asks as she cocks a brow at him as he just nods and takes another bite of the honey crisp apple. "How can you still be hungry?" Addison questions as she laughs slightly as she walked over to her counter which Dextian was leaning against.

"Uhm, I came out of the Bondsman Orb, and if I remember correctly, there was no food in there. I'm hungry. I can't help what my stomach is craving." Dextian counters, and Addison laughs a little.

"Fair point. Let's start heading out so that we don't take all morning." Addison suggested, and Dextian nodded at her. She grabbed her keys from her bag while walking towards her door, Dextian not far behind her as he was finishing up his apple and tossed it on the way out of her apartment room, and they both walk out as she locks up her dorm.

"So, what are you studying here?" Dextian asks as they start walking to the car garage. Addison placed her keys back in her bag as she adjusted the strap and messed her hair a little as she put half of it in a small ponytail.

"I'm trying to get an arts and design major. My mother was a seamstress, and she would make me a lot of things that I have to this day. And I look back on those memories and I remember how much fun I had making stuff with her. And I always dreamed of being a clothing designer and a famous artist. And she always supported me through it. Along with my two older brothers. My dad and other brother wanted me to be either a CEO or a lawyer. But I didn't want that for myself. That's not the career I saw in my future." Addison explains to Dextian who was listening contently.

"So, your persistent on pursuing your own goals and interests? Fascinating. But you were talking about your mother like she was in the past tense. Did something happen? If you don't mind me asking." Dextian adds, and Addison's smile slightly falls.