Prologue

Prologue

~+*~*+~*~+*~*+~

            I glanced back to the place that sheltered me for almost five years. It was a long time ago since I exiled myself in this place. Not because I did something wrong or because my parents ordered me to stay here for a while.

When I first came here, I never thought I'd ever leave again. I was wrong, though. I missed the City of Mnemosyne. I missed my home. I guessed the saying really was true.

Home is where the heart is...

And yes, home is where the hot guys are. Oh. Add delicious, please. Hot, delicious guys.

Now, I have nothing against this place. In fact, Davao is one of the best places I've ever been, but it's not my home. It sheltered me, no doubt, during the time I wanted to escape the place I called home, but then again... it called me back.

So I'm going home.

I could picture the tall buildings of Mnemosyne, and inside those buildings, I could picture tall men in their corporate suits, waiting for me to undress—I mean, admire them.

I heard the speaker calling for my flight. I hurried, dragging my jammed trolley with me. I had to open it in the entrance because the guards said they detected something (turned out to be just my banana-shaped metal spoon), so I had no choice but to let them go through my things. I almost died when they sorted through my panties. I mean, I'd hidden the books under those and they must not see my books. And the guards were guys. How logical was that? They should hire a female guard to go over women's belongings. I mean, I swear I saw one guard swallow when he saw my panties. Guess he was aroused. But never mind that.

I dragged my trolley as fast as I could.

"Last call for flight—"

"Oh, my f—I mean, goodness!" I said as collided with a guy wearing corporate suit. I dropped my handbag and my shades almost got lopsided.

He didn't glance at me, but he picked up my bag and handed it to me. "My apologies," he muttered in a hurry.

I wasn't able to see his face, but I could see his butt—I mean, his back.

Ooh. Sexy.

Before I could further fantasize about what I'd like to do with that butt of his, the door I was heading for started to close.

"Wait!" I almost screamed.

Good thing they heard me and let me go inside. As I handed my ticket to the friendly staff (mind you, he looked fresh), I gave the place behind me another glance.

I smiled and took a deep breath.

Goodbye and thank you, Davao. Hello, Mnemosyne, I'll be seeing you soon.

~+*~*+~*~+*~*+~

This Literary Piece is a story bound creation. The names, places, and businesses are products of the Author's Imagination. Resemblance to actual persons (living or dead), places, and businesses is purely coincidental.

Reproduction or usage of this Literary Piece in any form by any means is strictly prohibited without the permission of the Author.

This Literary Piece contains words, actions, and scenes inappropriate for some readers. Appropriate guidance is strongly advised.

Copyright © 2015 by Miss Mnemosyne

Book cover credits to E. M. Rodriguez