Two

When I opened the door, I gasped at the sight. It was a perfect room for me. Both sides had a full bed for the two of us. The walls were a darker shade of beige, but went with the room pretty well. Both of the beds had two pillows, but I slept with none so I didn't need any. There were black blankets on each bed, and I thought that those were not necessary because it was summer, but I suppose they will do us good in the winter. Both beds had a desk in front of one end, and a bedside lamp. I laid my suitcase down on the floor by the door. The room itself was pretty nice.

Well, I mean the looks, but the smell, just, ugh. I could smell smoke form somewhere, so I followed the scent. As I walked around the room, I noticed two doors, one was sort of opened. That one was the closet, I could tell because of Ashton's clothes. The next was closed.

As I walked closer, the smell of smoke reeked even more. I cringed at the smell, but continued on my path. I soon got to the door then reached for the door handle, then the door opened. I jumped back, and brought my hand with me.

I looked up at the person who opened the door. He had light brown hair that was combed backwards with what looked like the work of fingers, blue eyes that looked like the sea after a storm, tan skin that was way tanner than mine, and he was at least five inches taller than me. Out of all of that, I thought he was very attractive. But there was one flaw, he was smoking.

"Hey babe." He winked at me then puffed smoke. I started coughing, then stopped and looked at him. He looked back at me with the cigarette in his mouth and smiled at me.

"That's so gross." I backed up three steps and cringed. He took the killing machine out of his mouth and puffed out more smoke.

"I'm guessing you're Ezmay." I rolled my eyes at him. He was already getting on my nerves and I had had only known him for less than five minutes.

"Yeah. And you are..." I tried to remember what his name was. "Ashton?" I guessed.

"That's me." He said and walked to where the beds were. He then lounged on top of the bed on the right side of the room from where I was standing. He put the death-maker back into his mouth and puffed out one last ring of smoke then put the thing in the trash can.

"Dude." I said and he looked at me and smirked, obviously because a he just met me and I called him dude. "If you're gonna be my roommate, I have some priorities."

He sat up so that his legs were a strait out in front of him. "Priorities?"

"Yes. Priorities. Like, no smoking in the dorm room. It is seriously nasty and smells like someone died. Not to mention that it is horribly bad for you. Your teeth could rot out, you get wrinkles, you can get lung cancer and give people lung cancer who don't smoke, there is over seven thousand chemicals in those little monsters," I took a quick break and caught my breath. "It can stain your teeth, and you can have really bad breath, and F.Y.I., girls don't like guys with bad breath, and you look like you are a player with the girls so I would watch out for that."

I smiled at him and went and laid down on my bed and faced the ceiling. "Wow, lots of info. I almost listened." I heard the sarcasm in his voice. I rolled my eyes and just relaxed.

I had a difficult time relaxing, like usual. The reason for that is I have a creative mind that wont rest. Ideas kept popping into my head, so I got up off of my bed, got my bag, pulled out my notepad and pencil, and started writing.

For me, writing these details aren't so hard.  I have a-d-d, and for people who don't know what that is: a-d-d is attention deficit disorder. My a-d-d triggers hyperactivity, inattention, and impulsivity. So my impulsivity actually helps with writing because it makes me write down the stuff I'm thinking naturally.

At the end of my creative writing session with myself, I ended up with a pretty good chapter for a new book. I looked up from my bed and the sun was setting. Out the window, past the school grounds, past the houses and parks, past the streets, past the world, and past this reality, anything and everything could come true. The beautiful orange-pink sunset outside could be green, or even a color that doesn't exist for us humans.

There could be worlds, perfect utopias, for everyone. But then again, nothing is perfect, not even a utopia. There has a to a hamartia. So, there is no such thing as a utopia for anyone. Unless you think your utopia is the world we live in now. But this world, this weird, horrible, and wonderful world will never be my utopia.

I soon fell asleep, watching the beautiful sunset and consumed in my thoughts. I vaguely remember my last thought, but this is how I remember it. What a strange world we live in.

---------------------------------------------------------

How did you guys think this chapter was? I thought it sucked, but whatever! As long as somebody liked it, I will like it! Alright, anyway. The picture above is Ashton and the song is a good song.  It is Girl Crush by Little Big Town. 

Guess what I found out last night! So my uncle David died and I went to his funeral. At the funeral, there was a viewing (where you look at the body), and he didn't look real at all. He looked like wax, and I thought he was going to sit up at any second and scare the be-jeizers out of me. Also, I learned that he was a great man and he was in the army and went to Vietnam, pretty cool right?

I don't even know why I shared that with you guys, but it felt like it needed to be done. As always, please leave a comment, vote, and share. See you next time!