𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅

Start from the beginning

"You're my family, Rotxo" Ao'nung smiles at him, "and the way you have been it's.. it's not you."

Rotxo scoffs and looks away again, "I don't even know who I am myself anymore."

"Well you need to figure it out. If not for my sake, then Lëy'las' at least. Neither of you deserve this" Ao'nung gives him an encouraging smile.

Rotxo's heart, once a fortress of joy and hope, now resembled a fragile vase teetering on the edge of a precipice.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"I can hear you breathing" Neteyam mumbles.

"Sorry" Lëy'la whispers back, sucking her stomach in as she holds her breath.

Neteyam chuckles, as he shook his head, "I was joking, Lëy'la. You're allowed to breathe."

"Unfortunately that has been quite hard to do, Tey" Lëy'la sighs.

Neteyam sat up, turning his head over to see Lëy'la laying down, her back faced towards him.

"This is all just a heat in the moment thing, Lëy'la. Whatever Rotxo does, he does not mean it" Neteyam whispers.

His nose scrunches as he realises how many times he had to repeat that same phrase.

"No, he doesn't" Lëy'la responds, "but it still hurts. Especially when I know I have done nothing wrong."

"If it makes you feel any better, Ao'nung argues with me about adopting some of the Metkayina children. We argue because we both have different thoughts about it, but in the end, we both come to an agreement. You and Rotxo just need to come to that agreement" Neteyam replies.

"I know you want to make me feel better, but this is nothing like the arguments you and Ao'nung have" Lëy'la turns around, "your arguments end in sex. This is going to end in us being completely apart."

"It might feel that way in this moment. But you are both in love with each other. And love is stronger than this feud between you two. So maybe, you both should spend some time getting your mind of it, until you can speak about it civilly" Neteyam responds.

"No wonder Ao'nung argues with you" Lëy'la sighs.

"Hey! What does that mean?" Neteyam sulks.

"A person is allowed to be hurt. I am hurt" Lëy'la responds.

She turns herself back around, laying down once again, "you think too logically about things. Not letting anyone feel hurt, it's a heart full gesture, but realistically, life is not that fair to us."

She turns away once again, curling herself up to sleep, leaving Neteyam sat up, as he thinks about his words.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

As it got to the next day, after some encouragement, Lëy'la had decided to spend the day with both, Kiri and Tsireya.

"I thought Tuk was coming?" Lëy'la asks.

She tilted her head in confusion, wondering what was bothering the two girls when they looked back at her in displeasure.

"She's fallen sick" Kiri responds.