Before we could walk out, I caught sight of a boy observing me in the distance. He stood all alone, wearing round glasses, baggy clothes and had black messy hair. He looked around my age and I could see a small smile appear on his face once I looked back at him.

"Over 'ere!" Hagrid calls out smiling, waiting at the door for me, I share one last smile with the boy before walking out of the building with Hagrid.

Right as we leave, the door behind us ends up closing by itself. "Don' know why Tom was so interested in yeh, perhaps Professor Dumbledore told him 'bout you arriving here."

'Whos Dumble— I mean Professor Dumbledore? Is he a teacher at—"

Hagrid cuts me off  "Albus Dumbledore, greatest wizard of all time." He says sounding rather happy I asked. "He's headmaster at Hogwarts, got this long, flowin' white beard along with his hair. Holds more magical knowin' than you could imagine. Always lookin' out for people, keepin' hogwarts in balance. Reckon I've got nothin' but respect after all the stuff he's helped me with—" Hagrids eye catches Olivanders. "Ah! yer, you'll be needin' a wand from here!"

As we walk up the path towards Olivanders, Hagrid by my side, I glance at the door. Gold letters above the door read, Olivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC. Stepping into the shop, it was narrow, a bit worn looking with walls lined with small but long boxes. Since it was a very quiet tiny place, we heard a bell ring within somewhere at the back of the shop. I jump as I turn towards the bell. Hagrid must've gotten scared aswell because of the crunch he made under his foot.

"Good afternoon." said a soft voice. Suddenly, a man appeared out of all the shelfs of boxes, standing on a ladder. It was an old man, his wide eyes looking directly at me. I sort of wished he blinked, his eyes had been so wide open. I clear my throat nervously "Good afternoon." I say back awkwardly.

It takes him a second to realise who I am "Ah Dumbledore told me I'd be seeing you today,
Y/n." The man says with a smile stepping down from the ladder "I still recall the moment your brother got his wand for the first time."

I can't help but smile, wondering how my brother (that went missing) was standing here in the same shop, looking for his first wand. I nodding quietly as I patiently wait for him.

"Er right, excuse me for a second" the man says, heading to his special wand making room "This wand I renewed is one of the most oldest wand to exist, as I feel you and your brothers wand may be alike." He calls out from the other room, suddenly going quiet again.

"Hold on, Y/n," Hagrid whispers. "While yer in 'ere shopping for ye wand, I'll fetch three owls for yeh to choose from while yer here. When yeh're done, head to 'Eeylop's Owl Emporium,' north of Diagon Alley. If yeh don't know where that is, ask Mr. Olivander," Hagrid advises giving my shoulder a pat before heading out, leaving me alone with Mr. Olivander in the shop.

With a nod, I watch hagrid walk out. Patiently, I wait for the return of Mr Olivander, the wand keeper, eager to see what my wand would look like. I cast my eyes around the shop, looking at the surroundings. The place looked old fashioned, and was all in darker dim colours.

Mr Olivander walks out of the tiny room holding out a long box infront of me. In his other hand, holding a measuring tape, "hold out your arm. Thats it..." He gently and carefully measured me from shoulder to finger, then wrist to elbow, and shoulder to floor.

"Every wand has a core of a powerful magical substance, we mainly use unicorn hair, the heartstrings of dragons and phoenix tail feathers. Yours on the other hand is a phoenix tail feather, given by Dumbledore." I look up at him as he speaks, waiting for confirmation to open the box.

"black dyed rowan wood, phoenix feather, 10 and a half inches, this is indeed a great wand for you..." he says as lets me open it, gently holding it in my hand "why don't you give it a little flick?" he adds stepping back and holding onto the box with anticipation.

With a nervous sigh, I gently flick my wand at the boxes filled with wands. A golden aura circles me and my wand, turning my surroundings dark and windy. The shimmering glow of my aura shines around me in the dark. I could see the surprised look on Olivanders face.

"Curious... your brother had the exact same aura... yet i've never seen anyone else's do that before." He murmurs, his voice being soft yet filled with intrigue.

"Well I think you should know, Rowan wood is usually known for its protective qualities, cleverness along with adaptability. Its likely to out-preform others in duels, in which that shields you against dark, negative forces more than other wands. Usually wizards that are chosen by rowan wands typically are to be compatible to those who are chosen by the elder wand. It can be very powerful if you know how to control it." The wandmaker adresses carefully.

"Also, I wouldn't worry about the price, Dumbledore already bought it for you." He says watching me look down at the price of the wand.

Around 5 minutes later, I wondered around Diagon Alley looking for the shop Hagrid mentioned. The name repeated in my head 'Eeylop's Owl Emporium...' Until I spotted it, having owls and cats displayed on the outside.

Right as I was walking up to the shop, a boy with a round face and a nervous looking appearance stops infront of me.

"Uh, excuse me, have you, um, seen a... a toad? My nan's made me look all around London." He says nervously, but desperately.

I look at him feeling a bit bad, shaking my head "No uhm... I haven't... but I hope you end up finding it?" I say smiling forcefully, trying to lighten up the mood.

He lets out a big sigh, "Alright, but if you spot him, meet me outside the Three Broomsticks. Gran's gonna keep me here till I find him anyway, so I'll definitely still be around."

I nod as he gives me a long quick glance before moving away awkwardly. I mean what even is the three broomsticks...?

While walking towards the shop and entering, I carefully clean my shoes on the doormat. The shop was nearly empty, owls were meant to be bought before July 31st. Approaching Hagrid, who had my bag slung over his shoulder, I held my wand in my hand. He turned.

"Ah, Y/n! My bad, really sorry 'bout that. Got a bit tangled up in me own thoughts, I forgot that eh... majority of the owls would be gone 'cause of a new school 'ear... But we've got Sylvan here! Clever bird, boy of course, an' I've made sure it knows its way 'round both attackin' n keepin' you safe."

I cast my eyes to Sylvan, my owl, he was brown mixed with white. Clanging its beak along the cage, I slowly walk up to it, pushing my finger gently through one of the gaps, pecking my hand with its beak.

"Seems it fancies yew, eh?" He laughs deeply "Well, I've already forked over the galleons for it, and the rest of your supplies are snug in this bag." He hands it over, and I almost topple from the weight. "Mind you if I mentioned, it's a feisty one! But since we got yer everythin' we should eh... best be off."

1979 words