Father chaos

My name is Amber. Amber Napier. Last name sound familiar? It shouldn't.
People don't really know my dad's real name. But they sure know my dad. See... My dad is... Well he's the Joker. You know: fights Batman, kills commissioners, blows up hospitals.

Yep.

That's my dad.
You probably haven't heard that he had a daughter. If you have... I will pray for you. My mother was Harley Quinn. She's not around anymore because she died in childbirth. My dad was upset for years and kind of gave me the cold shoulder. I felt like it was my fault.
But he started coming around when I was about five.

He started teaching me how to become like him. I don't mind. I like what we do. In fact, I love it. I was born for the criminal life.
I'm twenty three now and I still live with my dad. Where else would I go?

I wake up to FREEZING cold water on my face.

"Get up!" My dad yells in my face. " You sleep like the dead, don't make me help you get all the way there"

I sit up shivering. It is still dark.
"What time is it?" I ask rubbing my arms.

"Time for you to get your lazy ass up!" He says while heading towards the door. He stops at the door and turns to me, "If you MUST know it's three a.m. and you're wasting precious time. Now GET. UP. NOW!"

After he slams the door I sigh and decide that it was far too early to get in a fight with him. So I instead go into the bathroom in my room and dry myself, change my clothes, and put on my makeup with clown mask.

"AMBER GET DOWN HERE YOU NEED TO EAT NOW OR YOU MIGHT NOT GET A CHANCE LATER!" Yells my father from downstairs, probably from the kitchen.

He cares about my wellbeing. Like if I eat or if I get hurt. He loves me. In his own way. His way just happens to be angry and violent most of the time.

"Hold your horses dad. I'll be down in a minute" I call back to him.

"WE DONT HAVE A MINUTE GET DOWN HERE AND EAT!"

Guess SOMEONE woke up pissy today. I grab my "work bag" and run down the stairs two at a time so as to not keep Daddy Dearest waiting. Impatient clown.

Besides. I'd really like to know what we're doing that requires me to be up before the crickets have shut up. And there's only one way to find out, and that's to get my ass downstairs before he blows a gasket. Or blows something up. Whichever comes first.