INTRODUCTION

Giyuu walked up the mountain back to his home after a long patrol mission. It was 2:08AM and sleep was the only thing on his mind. It was especially hard for him to trek up the mountain that night due to heavy snowing in the past week. Even though Giyuu was the Water Hashira in the Demon Slayer Corps, he always found himself hating the snow. 12 Minutes later, Giyuu reached his home.
"Uggghhhh!" Giyuu's front door had been piled behind a thick layer of snow. Eventually, he got rid of enough of that snow so he could finally go into his home. He reached for the door knob when, he could hear wings flapping. He knew the sound all too well... It was a Kasugai Crow. Each demon slayer is assigned a Kasugai crow when they join the Demon Slayer Corps, they are used to deliver messages between Demon Slayers. Giyuu patiently waited for the Crow to arrive to tell him whatever need be told. However, the crow dropped a letter in his hand before flying off without a word. "Huh, that's strange... Kasugai Crows only deliver letters if its from a Demon Slayer TO a Demon Slayer... That would mean someone cared about me enough to write to me. I wonder who it's from..." He once again reached for his door knob and turned it, he opened his front door and went into his home. Everything how he left it before leaving on his mission. He sat down at his table and stared at the letter in his hand. He made sure it was addressed to him and the crow didnt get the address confused, everything seemed to be right. Giyuu's adress, his name as the addressee... He carefully opened the seal of the envelope, he took out the piece of paper inside the envelope and unfolded it. It read "Dear Tomioka Giyuu, I hear you are coming back from your patrol mission in a few days, I don't know about any of the other hashiras, but I sure have missed your depressing vibe you give off. Did anything interesting happen while on the mission? I want all the details! Your Friend, Shinobu Kocho"
Giyuu was taken aback by some of the last words written in the letter, he whispered, "Your Friend...?" Whenever Giyuu is around Shinobu, she is always making fun of him, teasing him and pestering him, but now She's calling him her friend? "That is quite odd" then a realisation hit Giyuu. "Oh! I should Probably write back to her. I dont want it to make it look like I ignored her. Or make her worry her letter went to the wrong address..." Giyuu Stayed Up for an extra hour writing a response letter for Shinobu. Once he had finished he slowly walked over to where his Kasugai Crow, Kanzabur was sleeping, The large birdhouse Kyojuro Rengoku, the Flame Hashira, made for Giyuu's crow. Rengoku was one of the inly Hashiras who are nice to him and speak to him.
Giyuu gently whispered, "Kanzabur. I need you to deliver this to Shinobu Kocho for me. I know its really late. But I just need you to do this for me once." The crow woke up while Giyuu was speaking, Kanzabur rolled his eyes as he took the letter from Giyuu's hand to deliver it. He flew out the front door into the night. "Oh Shoot, I gotta close my front door."

THE NEXT DAY

Tomioka woke up at 7:30 in the morning, like he did every other morning. He walked to the mirror in his bathroom and did his daily routine of telling himself he doesn't deserve to be alive and that too many people have lost their lives for him to keep going. While he says this, Just like every other day, he questions why he always says this, there is a reason he hasn't killed himself, he just doesn't know it. Giyuu made some tea and brought it outside. He looked out below the mountain, at the town. Most people were also starting to wake up. Shops were just opening up. He took a deep breath and looked up at the sky, even though the sun was shining as bright as always, he could still see the moon in the light blue sky. Giyuu closed his eyes, a sound of comfort filled his ears, his Kasugai crow was coming back to him. Kanzabur came and flew towards Giyuu, landing on his shoulder. Giyuu scratched Kanzabur's head, Kanzabur seemed to have forgotten about being made fly out at 3:30 in the morning once Giyuu's hand came into contact with his head. "What do you have there Kanzabur?" Kanzabur had a new letter in his beak, he dropped it into Giyuu's hand. "Why Thank You!" Giyuu walked back inside, tea in hand and crow on shoulder. He sat back at his table, on the only chair there, for he never had visitors. Giyuu opened this envelope as careful as the last. It was the same handwriting. This letter read, "Dear Tomioka Giyuu, It is a shame nothing interesting happened on your mission, but I am glad that you have come home uninjured! But if you ever ARE injured, know that you can stop by the Butterfly Mansion for a patch up! I doubt Kanzabur told you, the cheeky rascal, we have a hashira meeting this Thursday, make sure you don't miss it. I'll be looking forward to seeing you in person again!
Your ONLY Friend, Shinobu
P.S, You should try actually socializing at the hashira meeting this time!" Giyuu wanted to get mad at Shinobu for saying that he doesnt have many friends and he doesn't socialize, but a small part of him was happy that she was looking forward to seeing him. Giyuu said to himself, "See you on Thursday Shinobu" and with that. Giyuu changed into his casual clothes in order to trek down the mountain and into town for essentials like books, groceries etc. While he was walking down the mountain, all he could think about was seeing Shinobu on Thursday. He quickly tried smushing the thought but trying to get rid of it only made him look forward to it more.