005.

THE SAME DAY, after school, the two girls were trailing behind Gojo as he led them towards the gym. Shoko awkwardly walked next to Airi, glancing at her from time to time. Standing next to the popular girl, Shoko couldn't help but feel dull.

She felt like a rock standing next to a diamond. Airi, however, didn't even glance at Shoko. The brunette could tell that Airi had zero interest in her, and she didn't have interest for one reason; she wasn't competition. Airi's eyes were burning holes into the back of Gojo's head the whole time they were walking to the gym.

It was so painfully noticeable that she was interested in him. When they reached the gym, Gojo kicked off his school shoes and slipped on his basketball ones, ushering them to hurry inside.

You, on the other hand, were working on the poster for recruits for managers. You glanced towards Gojo as you noticed him walking in, looked back to your poster, before looking back up when you noticed he had two girls following him. "Manager!" He called, grinning widely when seeing you.

He waved his arm as he jogged over to you. He leaned against the table. "Hi, Satoru." You greeted, just as you always did with a small smile on your face. "I found you some managers." He quickly told you. The two girls finally caught up. One girl, Shoko, had a neutral expression on her face and bowed her head a bit.

The other girl, Airi, had a slight annoyed look on her face that was barely noticeable. With wide eyes, you looked back at Gojo. "Really?" You asked. He proudly nodded. You cupped your hands in front of your mouth. "Satoru!" You exclaimed, not being able to express your gratitude with words.

Finding new managers had been stressing you out. You were having trouble designing the posters, and you had to do it all alone, all while managing the team—by yourself. Gojo softly grabbed your wrists and brought your hands to the top of your head.

You laughed a little at his strange attitude, softly ruffling his head. "You did me a big favor. I'll repay you somehow." You told him, dropping your hands by your sides. He already missed your touch, but only nodded. Gojo stepped forward to to join his teammates for warm ups, but leaned into your ear as he did so.

"I like handmade things, by the way." He hinted, whispering the words before scurrying away. You watched Gojo jog away and playfully rolled your eyes, shaking your head.

Airi, who was watching this whole interaction, furrowed her eyebrows. Gojo likes the manager, it was very obvious. Even Shoko knew, yet she didn't care. Airi was annoyed. Before, she had no competition, and she was sure she would have Gojo wrapped around her finger.

But now, things were a bit more complicated. Now, it wouldn't matter if you liked Gojo and he didn't know, because then, Airi would just have to outshine you so that only she would have his attention. But the problem was that Gojo seemed obsessed with you.

Your touch, your approval, your affection, your praise—everything. And all while that, you didn't seem to really care that he liked you.

"Thank you two very much. It's been a bit hard managing the team by myself, so you guys are taking a load off my hands." You sheepishly laughed, scratching the back of your head. "I have nothing to do after school, so why not?" Shoko smiled, shrugging her shoulders. Airi only showed a bittersweet smile.

"I'm Kawashima Midori, a second year. I'm the only manager, as of right now. And you are?" You asked, glancing between the two. "I'm Ieiri Shoko, from class three. I know nothing about basketball." She grinned confidently, earning a small laugh from you. You turned to the other girl, and as if a mask came down, she switched her attitude.

"I'm Fukuji Airi, from class seven. I know a little bit about basketball." She batted her long lashes and smiled, showing her pearly whites as the corner of her lips tilted up flawlessly. "You guys don't have to worry about not knowing basketball, I'll teach you step by step."

Shoko already really liked you, and she could tell why Gojo had a crush on you. You radiated a comforting aura, and your words were really securing. "Is there anything you want to know?" You asked.

"How many days of practice do we have a week?" Shoko asked. You tilted your head as you thought.

"Usually six days. We have Sundays off, but we have seven days a week when it's nearing an official match." You told her, who nodded.

Airi raised her arm a bit, and you smiled to signal her to shoot her question. "Are you and Gojo dating?" She bluntly asked, her face completely serious. You raised your eyebrows in surprise, while Shoko's expression twisted at the obnoxious question. You laughed awkwardly. "No, not at all."

She seemed pleased with her answer, nodding. Of course, Airi already knew you weren't dating, but this was her way of letting you know that she likes him. It was a subtle warning, telling you to back off—which she didn't need to do because you weren't interested in him in the first place.

"Uh, okay. Let's start with our rounds." You told them, dismissing the strange and intruding question.

Geto stood next to Gojo, lazily dribbling a ball as they watched you and the new two managers from afar. "Are you sure it was a good idea letting that Airi girl in? She's probably going after you." Geto questioned, looking at his friend. Gojo shrugged.

"Who cares? I don't like her. I like her." He emphasized, staring straight at you as he said it. Geto sighed and shrugged. "If you say so."

qotd: who's an underrated romance mangaka?

a: NOJIRO GURI. They literally write the best gay mangas. It's not one of those crazy weird yaoi mangas, it's usually a one shot and very sweet; the art style is SO GOOD. But, they're so underrated so it's hard to even find the mangas in stores—even here, in Japan.