"Whoa. Seriously?"

"I swear to God. They're gonna regret it, though, big time, when they don't get to share in my glory." Dustin says taking another bite of his ice cream.

"Glory? What glory?"

Dustin scoots closer to Steve, causing him to drop his arm from my shoulders and move closer to Dustin. 

"So, last night, we're trying to get in contact with Suzie..."

"Oh. Mm." Steve says giving him a thumbs up.

"And, uh..." Dustin says as he looks around "I intercepted a secret Russian communication." Dustin whispers.

"What?" Steve whispers to Dustin.

"I intercepted a secret Russian communication." Dustin says, somehow quieter than before.

"Just speak louder." 

"He intercepted a secret Russian communication." I say louder for Dustin.

"Danielle." Dustin scolds me and kicks me under the table.

"Ow!"

"Jeez." Steve says. "Yeah, okay, that's what I thought you said. Wait, what does that mean?"

"It means, Steve, we could be heroes. True American heroes." Dustin says.

"American heroes." Steve says becoming excited. "What's the catch."

"No catch, I just need your help. And Dani's of course." Dustin points to me.

"Okay, with what?" 

Dustin turns and opens his back, pulling out a Romanov's Dictionary. "Translation." 

"Yeah, you're going to have to do that first part without me, I've got to get to work." I say standing from the booth. 

"So, I'll, see you after your shift?" Steve asks also standing.

"Of course, I'm off at five." I smile up at him.

Steve begins to lean in-

"Please don't swap spit in front of me. I'm trying to eat here." Dustin says from behind Steve.

"Okay, I'll see you later." I chuckle at Steve before I steal a quick kiss.

"Ugh, gross." Dustin says. 

I stick my tongue out at Dustin as I walk to the back door of Scoops Ahoy.

"Real mature!" Dustin yells after me.

"Real mature!" I mock him as I head to the Gap.

**

"Hey, Danielle, can you help these two girls with the dressing rooms?" My coworker Melissa asks me.

"Yeah, sure." I say and walk over to the dressing rooms. Once I get there, I see very two familiar girls waiting. 

"Hey, guys?" I say to Max and El. "What are you doing here, El?" I ask knowing that she's not supposed to be in public.

"Shopping." She says nonchalant.

"I'm helping her find her style." Max says.

"Hm. You know what? Okay, I'll help too."

"What?" Max and El ask surprised.

"Yeah, I'll help you find your style too. Besides, it's time you get out of Hopper's flannels and wear clothes that you like anyway." I say unlocking a dressing room.

"That's what I said." Max says as she hands El an outfit.

El takes the clothes from Max and goes in the dressing room.