Chapter 16. Shrishti and the Office adventure

ابدأ من البداية

Now that Shrishti thought about it, she could not help but wonder about who would take over Pappa's company after Pappa. Who would take over his legacy? Last time, it was Raghav. This time, who? Last time, Raghav got the company because he was getting married to her. But this time, there is no such condition. So who was the new heir? Her mind churned with this question and she spent the whole day thinking about it.

Shrishti knew that her Chachi wanted Ronnie to get the company. Her Chacha was not keen about this as he did not see the company as a family property. Only Shrishti's Pappa had built up the company with the start up funds provided by Raghav's dad. Infact, other than Shrishti, only Raghav, Arpit and Megha had the right to the company, according to her Chacha. But her Chachi did not believe in it. After Shrishti's death, when she visited them as ghost, her Chachi was adamant that her son was the heir to the company and not Raghav as Ronnie was the only son in the whole family. Shrishti remembered her Chacha arguing back that sons and daughters were equals and Shrishti was the true heir.

Wait! Shrishti sat up with confusion. Why wasn't she considering herself for the heir position? After all, she was the only heir. Even Raghav got the company in past life because he was supposed to get married to her. Then why was she not thinking her father's post as her career? She could also work from the bottom. She could also inherit the company when her father retired. She could do this. Raghav had to step in right away into the post in past life because her father fell sick. But this time her Pappa was healthy. Shrishti could take her own time, learn the ropes at her own pace and then when she would be in her thirties or forties, she could take over from her Pappa. It was so simple! Shrishti clapped eagerly before getting out of the bed and running out of the room.

'You want to join the company?', Pappa looked at Shrishti with raised brows.

Shrishti nodded, 'Pappa. I am your child. This is your legacy. Shouldn't it come down to me?'

Pappa frowned, 'So you want to do it for my legacy?'

Shrishti nodded eagerly, 'I mean it will come to me in future, right?'

Pappa nodded, 'Yes, but only ownership. You will not be the CEO like I am. You don't need to join the company and take over my post and run the company, you know.'

'But don't you want someone you trust at your post in future?', Shrishti replied, 'Don't you want your child to take over your company?'

Pappa smiled, 'Oh child! Which father does not want that? But Pari beta, what about your dreams? If your dream was to join our business and make it your life, I have no problem with it. But is that even your dream?'

'It was my dream as a child.', she told him.

Pappa laughed, 'Children don't understand such things. Now you are at the right age to think about your future and your career. You understand your likes, dislikes, your strengths and weaknesses. This is the right time to think about these things.'

Shrishti slumped in her seat, 'I understand, Pappa. But I honestly don't know what to do with my life.'

'You don't? You don't have any dreams? Any ambition?', Pappa leaned forward.

Shrishti shook her head, 'I never thought about it, Pappa. You took care of me so well that I never had to worry about my future.'

Pappa looked shocked. He did not speak for few seconds before he said, 'I don't know whether I should be happy that you were so secure in your life or despair over not teaching you basics of life.'

Shrishti pouted, 'Pappa. Now I don't know whether you are insulting me or not.'

Pappa chuckled, 'Listen! Pari! My dear child! Just because you don't have a dream does not mean you go and join my company.'