"You shouldn't joke about death, Senior," Suguru said, a noticeable smile blooming on his face.

Torako's eyebrows flickered, her movements stilling for just a second. "Maybe not. But it's good for your sanity. Maybe you should try it."

Suguru chuckled when Torako proceeded to give him a thumbs up.

"I'd rather not."

Stubborn, yet impressionable...

To his answer, the senior simply shrugged and tilted her head as a way to say, 'you do you'.

"Anyway. What am I supposed to do with these injuries?"

A hand shot up eagerly. The short brunette who was sitting beside Torako sang, "Here~ I'll take care of them~"

"Outstanding. Thanks, doc." Torako shifted uncomfortably in her seat, using both legs to push her torso upwards so that she could sit straight. "Lead the way."

She then turned to Shoko, who was wiggling her fingers in excitement.

"...?"

Torako panned her eyes around awkwardly, wondering why no one was moving. Were they not going to the infirmary? Or was she going to pull out an emergency aid kit out of thin air?

Nonetheless, it seemed like the girl had been craving a patient for some time now. Was that because Satoru and Suguru were so strong that they never sustained any injuries from missions?

"Stay still, Senior Murakami," Shoko opened her palms and raised it to Torako's side, much to the latter's confusion.

A white light emerged from Shoko's hands, and seconds later, it enveloped Torako's slightly battered form.

"What–" The senior's face scrunched up into a mix of horror and amazement. She let out an ugly yelp at the sight of her injuries slowly healing, particularly at that closing, dried-up cut on her forearm that burnt when Suguru striked it.

"That's... so freaky... I thought only curses could heal themselves like that."

"Cool, right? It's a rare talent. Hard to learn. Only a few people have mastered it. Shoko's a prodigy, though." Satoru swung his arm around his best friend's shoulders, grinning from ear to ear.

"Yeah... very cool..." Torako nodded in contemplation. "Can it cure cancer?"

"Let's not talk about that."

○○○

Morpheus: So, how bad was your first day?

Torako: It wasn't too bad.

Morpheus: Did you lose against Geto in your sparring match?

Torako's eye twitched, mouth curving into an ugly frown.

Torako: It's so creepy that you know.

Morpheus: You told me to prove to you that I'm from the future. There's your proof.

Torako: Yeah, that's not enough to convince me, Morpheus. They say third time's a charm so give me 2 more.

Morpheus: Stop calling me Morpheus.

Torako: If you give me your name, then I'll consider stopping. Also because I can't keep you in my contacts as 'Unknown' forever. There's too many of you.

The reply never came. Her message had been read, but there was no sign of typing back. It was just like last time. Torako felt the impulsive urge to strangle this person through the screen.

Torako: C'mon, you're using my service here. Least you can do is give me your name.

After half a minute of inactivity from the other party, and her patience began to run thin. Torako was certain that this person took pleasure in toying with

Torako: Please? Otherwise, you're going down on my contacts as Morpheus.

Torako: Not even an alias?

This time, the person didn't even bother reading the message.

"..."

"What. A. Sadist. You enjoy leaving me on read that much?" Torako smiled with suppressed anger, fingers curling dangerously hard around the edges of her phone.

Honestly, she thought even a dog had better manners than this person! After all, what kind of sadist enjoys leaving people on read? This was the second time already!

In her petty mind, Torako had no doubt that this person was nothing more than an insignificant, evil delinquent who enjoyed plundering the sanity of innocent individuals... such as herself. So, with that fact in mind, why was this sadist acting as if they were some sort of untouchable, A-list, larger-than-life diva?! Was this person Kim Kardashian? Who was this person to think that they were able to come and go as they pleased?! Absolutely vicious!

Offended, Torako scoffed. Let it be reminded that in her sixteen years of life, none of her friends had ever left her on read even once!

Morpheus: Stop being dramatic.

Torako: Now you read my messages?

But never let it be said that Torako only ever had one friend in her entire life...