Ch 2 | The Return

Start from the beginning

It was only mid-October and the closeness that grew within Sebastian Sallow became only stronger. I didn't take notice of it at the time though, for a second, I just thought we were two close friends that told our deepest secrets right away.

"Ominis just—"

My head focus disassociated from the heavy voice when my footsteps paused down the Entrance Hall at the sight afar.

I watched as Garreth Weasley laughed along with a Ravenclaw girl beside him.

Focus, Y/n. You only spoke to him once. They could be cousins.

"Hello? Are you even listening to me?" Sebastian nudged at my pause.

"W-Who's that?" I asked in curiosity.

Sebastian paused, following my gaze.

His mind also began wandering as I realized Sebastian's eyes softened at the sight of the pretty Ravenclaw girl yards away.

"Is it true you're crushing on Weasley?" Sebastian asked out of the blue.

I felt my cheeks flush in seconds.

"W-What?!" I almost gasped in a whisper, "What are you—"

"The talk prioritizes when there's a new mysterious student that enters Hogwarts in their fifth year." Sebastian whispered.

I swallowed.

I thought Garreth was handsome. Too handsome. And when he approached me in Potions to get an ingredient for him — the way he expressed his thoughts and comments. I was mesmerized for a moment.

But, it was nothing compared to what I began to grow on Sebastian Sallow. As I said, I didn't know it at the time, but something was there.

"I've been watching you." Sebastian eyed.

"What?" I said, almost concerned by the way he said the words.

Sebastian reddened and cleared his throat, "I-I didn't mean it like that! I meant...in class...sometimes you tend to...overlook too much into people."

"Oh," I blinked, "Do I really?"

"Yes...you stare at him a lot in Sharp's class," Sebastian said more lowly.

I stood quiet, realizing if Garreth also took notice.

"I...well, he's pretty...clean," I improvised, "But he seems pre-occupied with,"

"Isabel Prewett." Sebastian answered, "Leander's cousin. I have all my classes with her. Do you not know her, yet?"

I shrugged, "We don't share the same classes, Sebastian. I only have her for Potions, I think?"

Sebastian nodded.

"She's really smart...and funny. Opposite of the tosser Leander, I tell you."

I nodded, still eyeing Garreth speak with her. It almost seemed like a loss of hope to find out he was not available.

"I suppose you and I have a thing for redheads do we?" Sebastian smirked, watching them.

I turned to the freckled boy beside me and furrowed my brows, "You fancy her?"

"Since the first year I laid my eyes on her. Sometimes, I think she and I were destined to be. She just hasn't realized it, yet." He said.