Lupin & Lupin

Depuis le début

Teddy's 17th Birthday- Cornwall '77

"Goodmornin' Ms.Lupin." Remus pressed a kiss to her cheek and wrapped his arms around her.
"Mmm mornin'." She grumbled into her pillows. She didn't exactly sleep well, neither of them did. Remus was remarkably chipper considering the night they had.
"Cmon grumpy guts we've gotta get up."
"Whyyy I just wanna stay here forever, I'm comfy."
"Becauuuse it's July 17th!"
"It's a Sunday! We don't have to work leave me alonneeee."
"Teddy Lupin, it is July 17th, do you know what July 17th is?"
"A Sunday?"
"Well yes, but that's no the point. Do you remember what's happening today, on July 17th???!"
"Oh. It's-"
"ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY!"
"Bleghh." She grumbled and pulled the duvet up over her head.
"COME ONNN UP TEDDY UP!"
"I'm not a broom Moony!"
"Fine if you're not gonna get up willingly I'll just have to do it by force." He snuck his arms beneath her and easily lifted her up into his arms.
"Ughhh nooo please just 5 more minutes! Put me down! Remus put me down!!"
"Nope!" He smirked to himself and carried her down the stairs, the duvet stil wrapped around her.

"This is ridiculous." She humphed and crossed her arms over her body grumpily as Remus plopped her down on the living room sofa."
"Birthday tradition!"
"I've never been here for a Birthday, I've only ever seen you once on my birthday last year! And that was only because Sirius told everyone, big mouth he is."
"Don't care, Marauders tradition. You have to be awoken ridiculously early in order to enjoy as much Birthday time as possible." He grinned and kissed her forehead happily before shuffling out if the room.

Theodora stretched out on the couch and tried to go back to sleep but it was nearly impossible now. She heard the slow, soft footsteps of Hope Lupin padding down the stairs and immediately felt even more terrible for waking her up so early. She needed her rest more than any of them. She could hear faint whispering coming from the kitchen and became fed up with it all. With the duvet still wrapped around her like a cloak she bustled into the kitchen still rather grumpy. She never liked her Birthday, she adored celebrating other people's birthdays but her own...never.

"Teddy! Happy Birthday love!" Hope beamed and opened her arms wide to hug Theodora. She held Teddy tightly and almost immediately some Teddy's mood was lifted. Although she was still exhausted she felt a little bit lighter, Hope Lupin truly is magic.
A tired smile spread across Teddy's face as she went to sit at the kitchen table across from Hope.
"So how does it feel to be 17?!" Hope asked excitedly, she clearly loved Birthdays.
"Not different at all really."
"You're old now Ted's." Remus smirked and placed a plate of pancakes down Infront of her.
"Oi, if I'm old then you're ancient!"
"Oh! I'm hurt, I'm injured, you've wounded me Teddy!" Remus pretended to grab at his heart and laughed to himself.

After he had laid a plate of pancakes Infront of his mother he sat down beside Teddy and kissed the top of her head.
"Happy Birthday darling."
"Mmm thanks I spose." She mumbled with a mouth full of pancakes.
"I have a surprise for you!" Hope announced and Teddy looked at her amusedly. God they were so alike, like mother like son.
"What's is it?" She questioned curiously.
"Well it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you would it? Eat up and get dressed we've got a big day ahead of us!"
Hope grinned at the pair Infront of her and ate her pancakes happily.
She was so happy Remus had finally found his soulmate, well...finally asked her out. She was well aware he found his soulmate years ago, only he didn't have the nerve to tell her how he felt. Nevertheless she was hear now. Theodora was like a daughter to Hope and hope fully intended on making Theodora's first Birthday with them the happiest she'd ever have. Hope loved Birthdays, she loved an excuse to give people gifts and make them cake and plan surprises, and wear party hats!
Remus wasn't the biggest fan of his Birthdays, much to her disapproval, but he too loved celebrating everyone else's Birthdays.