It worked out though because that meant that your family was never the target of any violence, hazing or abuse from the rest of the clan and was respected in the Black Wolf White Rock Clan itself and your family was blessed with a title Borgan, which meant honorary orcs and that meant your family theoretically had the same rights and freedoms other orcs in the clan had but you also knew that outside the Black Wolf White Rock Clan, that meant nothing and so you never presumed on that whenever you got to host other orcs from other clans. But that also meant that your father kept you and your sisters on very short leashes and kept you indoors or in your walled garden and out of sight for protection just in case.

But you were one of Khagra's most prized possessions, you were smart, sweet, respectful, obedient and could cook outstandingly well, you had a passion for it and your mother was a prolific gardener and you could make just about anything your mother grew delicious which made you invaluable during negotiations which always went smoother if there was great food on the table. Your father was the village's master of spirits so he was in charge of the wine, beer and whiskey. The three drinks also helping negotiations a great deal too.

Your father returned with another three goats and was half way through rubbing a different spice mix into the flesh- there was a knock on the door from the kitchen to the outside that your father answered before you all recognized Khagra's voice as he thanked your father and your family for doing this on such short notice. You dusted yourself off and rinsed the blood off your hands and went to the door, greeting your warchief respectfully and pleasantly with a charming smile to mask your nerves. A skill you had become proficient in.

"So how many am I blessed to be feeding this morning?" You asked sweetly, as if you weren't scared shit-less because the Thunder Herd Clan was known to be very fierce and you knew little else of them other than that and their penchant for always riding huge draft horses.

"Twelve." He answered.

"Wonderful." You answered. "And about what time will you be needing the meal Chief?" You asked, keeping your voice sweet and even boarded on excited, praying it wasn't an hour or less.

"Two hours." He answered and you felt relief, two hours was doable.

"Very well, we'll have it ready." Your father answered for you before Khagra smiled and nodded and left and your father shut the door.

"Papa, we'll need at least three more goats then, a pig won't roast in time and we'll need the girls on the spits, that'll make nine or even ten goats, which will leave one goat for each warchief and their sons will have to split the rest." You shook your head, not knowing how else your family was going to pull this off in two hours but you had to try, Khagra was counting on you.

"I'll go get them." Your mother nodded and left before your sisters joined you, all of them starting to make quick sweet bread dough as your father stoked up the spits in the garden as you slathered each goat with a slightly different spice mix for variety's sake before you and your father put them on the rotating spits and you set a bucket of spiced vinegar to cut through the fat and the grease of the goat, next to each of your sisters to slather on the goats as they roasted with help of an herb brush as you went back to the kitchen to knead all the dough and continue to move the meal along. You got done just as your father got done setting the table and getting things ready in the dining hall and you heard your father greet your guests and you could practically feel the floors shift under their massive weight as your nerves frayed as you and your family all silently prayed to the gods for it to go well.

Your father came back to get the fresh hot loaves of bread and some oil, fruit preserves, butter and honey to spread on it and left again and you and your mother waited behind the door and both grinned when you heard the orcs groaning and moaning when they bit into the bread before they marveled at how soft and sweet it was before your father came back and got the rest of the feast you had prepared, being the server to spare your mother and your sisters and yourself from having to deal with them personally, out of protection mostly and you weren't surprised when your father came back and got a keg whiskey, barrels and kegs of ales and wine already in the dining hall itself and returned before he was invited to join them as you, your sisters and your mother rested and recovered, finally ate yourselves as the dessert continued to bake in the oven as you half heartedly listened to the negotiations.