Chapter 17: Confrontation

Everyone made it to the surface. but there is one problem.. it still night time.

"Is everyone okay?!"

All of the hashiras quickly got up. "Where is Muzan?!" Tanjiro looked around. The others too tried to look around to find him until suddenly. Muzan sliced the crumbled buildings that surrounded him breaking free. A crow flew by alerting the slayers that there is still one hour and thirty minutes before sunrise. Muzan got angered "So you DO plan on keeping me here until dawn huh.? That is enough time for me to rip all of you to shreds! GO RIGHT AHEAD IF YOU CAN!" Muzan charged to the pillars. Tanjiro also joined in to help Giyuu, Mitsuri and Obanai. 

The battle has gotten even more intense. Muzan summoned eight extra whips to fight the slayers. Giyuu, Mitsuri and Obanai were close enough to behead Muzan. Obanai cut throught Muzan's neck but everyone got shocked. The moment he cut him he regenerated instantly as if it was nothing! the pillars got shocked. Muzan was going to attack until suddenly, a group of slayers got in the way taking the fatal hits in order to save the pillars.

"Get in front of them! Use all your bodies as a wall to protect the pillars! we must protect those who can stand up Muzan!" 

"We were saved by the pillars multiple times, if it wasn't for them we would've died a while ago!" 

"DON'T LOSE COURAGE! FIGHT!" 

Mitsuri began crying begging everyone to stop sacrificing themselves for the pillars. Tanjiro wanted to help out too until he suddenly collapsed. Coughing up blood. "Those who die right away are quite lucky. But even if they don't they still die after getting wounded by me. Just look over here." Muzan pointing at Tanjiro who.. succumbed to poison.

"My blood is infused into my attacks. But he won't become a demon. it just too much blood. It'll work like a poison instead. His cells will be destroyed which will lead to his death." Muzan's expression is very dull and lifeless. 

The hashiras looked at Tanjiro in shock. Especially Giyuu who felt shattered after being unable to protect Tanjiro. His trauma haunts him once again. "Please Giyuu.. run for it. I'll keep the demon busy okay? just promise you won't look back." The last he heard from his older sister, Tsutako.. before her demise.

"Tanjiro Kamado is DEAD." - Muzan.

The pillars knew it was not time to shed tears for the fallen slayers and had to keep going to finish their goal. Giyuu was trying to pick another sword with the color blue which is the symbol of water breathing. his previous one was chipped. Mitsuri was doing all her best to deflect the incoming attacks until suddenly Muzan let out a strong fast attack that injured everyone. 

"Ngghhh.." Michikatsu finally got his conscious back. He heard the battle nearby and realized everyone needs help. He was a bit hurt on his leg but he knows he must do something useful for everyone. Until he quickly noticed Gyomei and Sanemi running by. "Gyomei! Sanemi! you two made it!" Michikatsu feeling relieved but.. Gyomei and Sanemi let out a strange expression towards Michikatsu. The battle with Upper Moon One they had.. Kokushibo.. IS Michikatsu. and that 'Michikatsu' killed Genya and Muichiro.

"Where is Muichiro?" Michikatsu looking around.

"Dead. You killed him."

"What?" Michikatsu widened his eyes.

"Tengen did inform us that Upper Moon Six mentioned something about you being a demon. This Upper Moon One we dealt with was actually you Michi. You were a HUGE hardwork that it took the lives of two important people!" Sanemi was still angry at Genya's death.